Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kriskat30

Garden troughs

Kriskat30
19 years ago

I love alpines, I'd love to start a trough garden. Where would you go to start looking for cemen/stone troughs? Any thoughts out there?

Comments (6)

• Bostonian
    19 years ago

go to the hypertufa forum and learn how to make your own :)

• leftwood
    19 years ago

Yes, make your own is the best thing, but I understand it can seem a little overwhelming at first. Nurseries that sell rock garden plants might also have trough. Cement/hypertufa ones will be far cheaper. Real stone is very expensive.

Troughs can be made of anything. A regular pot you like, wood(like a window box), even a cake pan or loaf pan(with drain holes drilled) and yes, even a kitchen sink.

Good luck!

Rick

• Lynn65
    19 years ago

Hi,
    I am new to this forum. I have been researching troughs because I want to start a couple of trough gardens. The site that I found that sells hypertufa troughs is www.farmbrookdesigns.com. They have a large selection.
    Lynn

• chezron
    19 years ago

I love troughs. You can make your own, it is easy.

• Mike Larkin
    19 years ago

It is really easy to make your own troughs. Go to the Hypertufa forum and check out the FAQ section. You will find instructions.

LOL Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: My troughs

• rue_anemone
    19 years ago

Love your trough plantsman. Very nicely planted and a neat design from your mold. I recognize a plastic nursery pot?

I love to make troughs and have made so many that I now sell them.

Sponsored