Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheltieche

nargs

sheltieche
19 years ago

I recently became a member of this wonderful organization. I would like to trade/ find some seeds from them and so far can not figure out way to do it. If anyone has any experience please help?

Comments (5)

• sagebrushred
    19 years ago

Nargs sends out a seedlist once a year in January to all its members. If you are a seed donor you may choose 35 type of seed where as non-donors may choose 25. The last time I ordered seed from the exchange the cost for shipping, etc. was US $12.50 ,Canadian $20.00. I'm not sure if it's still the same.

• leftwood
    19 years ago

Indeed a bargain, whatever the price as so many species are not found anywhere else (except the Alpine Garden Society and the Scottish Rock Garden Club). The seed list will be sent to all members. You need not make a specific inquiry for it.

When you get it, don't dilly dally too long. Donors orders are filled first, than first received first filled.

And welcome! I belong to NARGS and the Minnesota Chapter. There is a Wisconsin/Illinois Chapter. I have met many good people who are members there.

Rick

• brian2cv
    19 years ago

You can look at last years seed list on the nargs website.

Brian

Here is a link that might be useful: Nargs

• alpiner
    19 years ago

Alpie L isn't a Nargs site, but there's often discusion about the Nargs seed list and other topics about growing from seed. Put Alpine L in a google search. Be sure to go to the archived discussions as well as the current one. The format of the site is a bit awkward but the info is excellent.

• vegangirl
    19 years ago

I just joined too! Thanks for asking the question as i was wondering if the seed list automatically came also. I'm looking forward to it.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor