Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Planning on doing a rock garden need advise

mikeandbarb
19 years ago

I have a Texas Star Hibiscus planted by the shed in the very back and I'm thinking of putting the luna Hibiscus next to it or should I plant it on the opposite side of the shed?

I'm new to gardening.

When making suggestions please bare in mine that I am not able to left anything over 20 pounds and I'm no good at building thing's also I'm doing most of the work all by myself DH doesn't like doing this type of thing.

My plans are to plant cast iron under the tree, I have a ground cover planted outside of the rock area.

{{gwi:288932}}
Same tree as above without the rocks.

{{gwi:288933}}

I want to put in walk ways wondering around the slope. I'm not sure what would be best, easy and look good.

{{gwi:288934}}

In this area I have planted a rose bush, Now I want to move the rose bush and put in Water plants I have umbrella plants to put in place of the rose bush. Behind the rose bush is a slope and there are three rose of Sharon's, a butterfly bush and to the left is a gardenia.

{{gwi:373323}}

Comments (2)

• enchantedplace
    19 years ago

I would forget building a rock garden and float around in that beautiuful pool. EP

• aka_peggy
    19 years ago

You have a lovely yard with lots of potential.

The cast iron plants seem like they would work fine around your tree. I'm sure you know that they prefer total shade and will burn if the leaves are exposed to the hot afternoon sun.

I don't know anything about the hibiscus and can't advise you there. I would suggest that you post this on the landscape design forum where more people will see it. This forum isn't very active. There are some talented folks on that forum and some of them have computer programs in which they can overlay a sketch onto your photo's. It's really awesome what they can do.

Good luck~

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County