Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paxfleur

Amaryllis 'Angelique'

paxfleur
16 years ago

Newly blooming 'Angelique'. The creamy white petals are brushed lightly with a delicate pink featuring a green center. I will let the pictures do the rest....=)

In the morning......{{gwi:370736}}

A peek......

{{gwi:370737}}

In full glory....

{{gwi:370738}}

So beautiful......

{{gwi:370740}}

Sideways....

{{gwi:370741}}

Comments (11)

• haxuan
    16 years ago

Yes, very beautiful, indeed! A chubby-looking bloom. Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Oh, so that is what I ordered that turned out to be Faro! THat is pretty but I wonder if it will develop more pinkish tones? I think I would like a bit more pink. Hope you will follow with more photos of it as it ages so can see what changes it makes!

You know, I really enjoyed Faro and haven't minded that it was mislabled, LOL. It is not like anything else I had or have gotten since. But next year I will definitely order some more in pink shades. Pink Surprise is the only pink I have had that I liked this year, and I liked it so well I ordered more of them. One of my first bulbs decided to propagate instead of blooming and came with 2 babies attached and lots of thick green leaves but so far no flowers. Now when that turns into a nice clumb that will be spec-ta-cu-lar!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Lovely, Paxfleur! Another pretty one for the books!

I don't have this one, or Faro or Pink Surprise... but I do like the "clump look" in pots, as you do, Lizalily... a clump of pink flowering bulbs would, indeed, look spectacular!

Hippis look wonderful planted singly, but there's something about a whole "stand" of them that has extra appeal to me... I would like to see more colors produced and sold of the "klister" type! Wouldn't a pink or green flowered klister be just gorgeous??!

• soultan
    16 years ago

Pax,
    Where did you buy your Angelique from? It lacks pink, but I hope it will develop more blush with time. At least, you did not get Faro from MZ Bulbs. They have still not responded to my complain about this mix up. Why did most of the companies turn into silent, sleeping, and non-responsive. This is troubling. I am nice when I write e-mails, so why is it I don't get replies? Maybe I should be nasty, and then they would write back just to say nasty things to me as well?

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Xuan, Liza, and Jodi for the comments and compliments! =) I'm very happy with Angelique and although the pink blush isn't as distinct as shown on website pictures, I like it either way. Angelique is the biggest flower I've seen this season at 7 inches across-wide and almost 7 inches vertically....astounding!

Soultan,
    I received 'Angelique' as a gift from a friend who I believe ordered it from a florist. The potted 'Angelique' came with a tag that said 'Angelique' so that's how I know it's identity. =) I'm not quite sure if the pink will develope anymore but here are pictures that I took today.

{{gwi:370742}}

{{gwi:370744}}

{{gwi:370746}}

Good luck with M&Z. I decided about a month ago not to ever order from them because of all the complaints of mislabelings and less than stellar customer service. =)

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

THe pale beauty is growing on me...sort of like Vanilla Ice cream with a bit of strawberry juice running in from the sides....Yum!

• frank27603
    16 years ago

What a great bloom, paxfleur! It is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I am really enjoying all the great photos here.

-Frank

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Pax, what a beautiful face Angelique has! I need a friend like yours! lol

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

I can hardly keep up with all these beautiful flowers being posted! Everyone seems to surrounded by blooms lately, all of them winners! I'm really enjoying all these excellent photos, and keep hoping more of my own flowers will open so I can share, too!

And it seems that many of these beauties get better with a few days age!

• paxfleur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This angel keeps blessing me with her blooms....here is the dear beauty on her third blossom and oh, how she graces the room. =)

{{gwi:370747}}

{{gwi:370748}}

{{gwi:370749}}

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

It's even lovelier in the latest set of photos, if that's possible!

Sponsored
More Discussions