Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

It could be a cross between Exotica and???

haxuan
11 years ago

Another bulb raised from seeds has bloomed for me. This is one of those from the batch of seeds I got in 2007.

I'm sure one of the parents is Exotica (as listed by the donnor) but the other parent is unknown.

Can anyone here possibly suggest a name? Many thanks for your advice.

Xuan

Comments (8)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Xuan, I forgot if you had learned the parentage of that gorgeous knockout peachy double that you posted in a different thread..could it be the same parentage? It stands to reason that you might have been sent several seeds from the same cross at that time. Just a suggestion, and it is very pretty by the way...Donna

• haxuan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, Donna, it could definitely be that :)

You are right, I was given several seeds of each cross and this beauty might have taken on her mom's traces so well.

Don't you love her veins and color? I think she's very pretty, too.

Thanks for your advice.

Xuan

11 years ago

I do love the veins.. and the color is so cheery! Is this the first time this one has bloomed for you? Maybe you could put the two pictures of this one and your knockout double side by side for a comparison...Donna

• Fred Biasella
    11 years ago

Hi Xuan,

Very beautiful!!! Is it a standard size or a shorter growing one?

Warm Regards,
    Fre

• haxuan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, here are the photos of the bloom in questions together with its possible relatives, so you and other experts can give me some inputs whether the blooms belong to the same parents

Parents/child confirmed:

{{gwi:371046}}

Siblings?

{{gwi:371047}}

Siblings?

{{gwi:371048}}

Fre: thanks for your interest. This bloom of mine is standard size for a large single. Its scape is quite tall, about 45cm. The bulb size, however, is small...a little bigger than the size of a golf ball.

Xuan

11 years ago

Hi Xuan,

I will most definitly try Exotica x Dancing Queen!! I have a Dancing Queen about to bloom so I will save my pollen. I don't even know where my Exotica is, I will have to do a search through all my pots!
    I think it's rather humorous (and flattering) that in your google search you ended up with my picture of Exotica, taken in my kitchen window! Glad you liked that one the best!

In my opinion I do think it's very likely that all of the rest that you have listed above might very well all be from that cross of Exotica x Dancing Queen. I can see that they all look related (just my opinion) but they all do have similarities to the parents. I think this cross is one that we all should try as you have more than several winners there! Approximately how many seeds did Ann send you of this cross? Both of the doubles are just outstanding!!(as well as most of the singles too!!)....Donna

I'm hoping that my cross of Exotica x Lady Jane might yield flowers half as beautiful as yours..it's a similar cross..only Dancing Queen puts out 4 flowers simultaneously whereas Lady Jane usually just blooms two and later on the other two open...

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

Wow! Nice!

• haxuan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, thanks for your inputs.

Jodi, :)

Xuan

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews