Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Lights- warm vs cool...help, I don't remember. LED too

One of my fluorescent lights burned out last night and after replacing the bulb, this morning the fixture went out. I had labeled my 2 fixtures per shelf as warm and cool and it was one of the cool ones that burned out. I easily replaced it with another fixture and cool bulb labeled for kitchen and bath, and I had written "cool" on the paper carton. But now I'm wondering what the warm bulbs are. Does anyone remember this conversation from years ago? These fixtures are on 16 hours a day 365 days a year and they've probably been installed for 4 to 5 years. The plastic is all brittle and I probably need to replace each and every one of them!

These cool bulbs are F15T8 18 inch bulbs. Am I hallucinating that there are cool and warm bulbs?

Ok, I just pulled two bulbs out of their package and one is specifically labeled kitchen and bath and the other has no different writing on except it doesn't say kitchen and bath. Does that mean that regular fluorescent bulbs are warm? I think it's just by coincidence that I happened to save all of the kitchen and bath cartons because some of them are specifically labeled as cool.

Please don't get into a detailed explanation about footcandles etc. as it will go over my head I'm specifically just asking about cool versus warm!!

Also has anyone switched from fluorescent to LED lights? If so what fixtures did you use?

Thanks!
K

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions