Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenanen

'Party' from Royal Colors

lenanen
10 years ago

I have a Party going on :D and it's a blast! I just love it!!

{{gwi:371718}}

{{gwi:371720}}

- 'Diva', also from RC this season is growing two more scapes... I hope to get some pictures of her too, she is beautiful deep pinkish red, fuchsia?. I haven't been into doubles (well Jewel and Alfresco are fantastic of course) but Diva, Diva is really nice...

Comments (15)

• agapanthe64
    10 years ago

Gorgeous !
    It was rapidly out of stock and I couldn't order one , so I hope they will offer it again nex autumn , thank you for sharing.

• macroclemys
    10 years ago

Nice! How many flowers did it produce on the scape?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Lovely Leena, might be on my list for next season!

• jstropic (10a)
    10 years ago

Leena,
    Very nice!
    -J

• lenanen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your comments, it is so very nice to hear from you!

Party blossoming has been one of the highlights in my hippi growing era. I totally recommend getting one - or more - whenever possible. And this is not CHAD speakin, although I admit I am contaminated, all of the symptoms fit like a glove. But I'm past the state of denial as you can see, isn't that something...

Party has two scapes and it's the second one in the photos. There are six flowers in the umbel so it's pretty impressive. And the scapes are tall.

I'm totally blown away by the colors. This second scape seems to have even more intense colors than the first... I've been very pleased with the winter fertilizer I've been using now, could it have something to do with the saturated colors?

Does any of you have 'Pajama Party', is my Party the same variety or a different one, what do you all think?

I've been busy pollinating and crossing it, so far it has gotten pollen from Alfresco, Diva and Rosado. Unfortunately I have only Rosado at the moment to give it's pollen to, I have to try to store some of the pollen for future use.

This post was edited by lenanen on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 4:23

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    10 years ago

If you love that color, you should also like H. Gervase. Do you have one?
    K

• lenanen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Kristi! :D
    Yes, I do like the colors very much, and I also like the shape of the flower, it is a proper trumpet form; not so much a trumpet as I would imagine 'Amputo' or 'Germa' to be (and they are of different type otherwise too).

I have had Gervase. It was wonderful. Unfortunately it got rot near the basal plate and I decided to get rid of it. I'm very unexperienced in treating bulbs with pesticides and don't dare to take any risks. - I have no idea of the cause of the rot but these things just happen sometimes and to the ones we really like, unfortunately.

• agapanthe64
    9 years ago

Leena , since I viewed your Party , I couldn't wait growing one , now mine is blooming , a beauty , as expected , 6 flowers / scape too.Thanks for making me dicover her.
    I wanted to show that the back face of the flowers is so beautifull .

{{gwi:2122130}}

{{gwi:2122131}}

9 years ago

Beautiful Beatrice! Sometimes the backs are as lovely as the fronts (in a different way)!
    K

• lenanen
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beatrice your Party is a lovely sight, thank you for sharing!! She is truly amazing isn't she.
    I have Party seedlings growing, the pollen parent was Alfresco. So, if you are interested in crossing her just give it a go.

9 years ago

Alfresco is a generous pollen donor! OOOO....a nice, fragrant party!
    ;-)
    K

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Hi Beatrice,

Just gorgeous, is her face as pretty as she is walking away? I got mine this year from White Flower Farms labeled as Pajama Party and she hasn't bloomed yet, actually she isn't even thinking about it!! I hope I got the right bulb!!

Donnaâºâº

This post was edited by dondeldux on Mon, Dec 29, 14 at 20:10

• mariava7
    9 years ago

My Party from RC sat for months doing nothing. Come July it finally woke up and bloomed.

• agapanthe64
    9 years ago

Yes Leena , colour is uncredible , and I love the simple trumpet shape of the flowers .
    What could I try on her ... i don't know , the colour is so special .
    Alfresco was a good idea.

Donna , the face is also pretty , but my pictures seemed so insipid compared to Leena's that I didn't add some !
    I will be very interested seeing your Pyjama Party , they seem to be the same.

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

Hi Leena,

What a beautiful treasure you have!!!! I can't decide which I like more the front or back...I guess I'm gonna have to like the whole flower...lol

Warm Regards,
    Fred

Sponsored
More Discussions