Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patton40

can anyone please help me identify this beauty?

patton40
9 years ago

My husband bought this one for me on thanksgiving and i have tried looking it up because i know sometimes they are mislabeled. I have looked it up by name and get nothing. So, i am oretty sure it has the wrong name. Any help would be appreciated.

This post was edited by patton40 on Thu, Jan 1, 15 at 17:16

Comments (18)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

use the HTML code from PBucket...

on preview.. if you see it.. we will see it ...

ken

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a link to the picture{{gwi:807}} in case the picture isnt showing up.

This post was edited by patton40 on Thu, Jan 1, 15 at 17:14

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry ken, the picture isnt showing up. Maybe the link will work.

• missingtheobvious
    9 years ago

A little html courtesy of the free Firefox add-on BBCodeXtra (still thanking GWebber justaguy2 for recommending it):

{{gwi:2122160}}

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

I can't open the link.
    Kristi

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you missingtheobvious. I dont know any other way to do it.

9 years ago

If you use the link in Photobucket that starts with then the photo will appear in your message. You just paste the link right into your message. The link you provided took me to a 105-page album where there were family photos, your kids, ice and snow, deer hunting, etc.

Posting photos is explained in our FAQ (first message on list).
    K

9 years ago

i went to your PB acct.. and COPIED THE html code .. and pasted it right here ....

and there is your pic ....

now.. you try it ...

the HTML CODE... its right there in 3rd box down.. on the right of your pic ... i do NOT rely on the PB mechanism to copy .. i hit the box.. right click.. SELECT ALL .. then right click and COPY ...

there are ways .. to protect your PB acct.. to not allow.. vermin like me to look in your acct ... lol ... if its just plants.. who cares....

we will get you up to speed .. dont worry about it ...

ken

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ok. Sorry, i dont have those options because i dont have a computer. I use my phone. Thanks for helping though.

• aurorawa
    9 years ago

It is a gorgeous red, that's for sure!

This post was edited by AuroraWA on Thu, Jan 1, 15 at 17:15

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Im doing a dance! I actually figured it out! Thank you guys! I kinda took what you said and put it together with what my photobucket app said and got it! YAY!!!! Ok, so does anyone know what the name is?

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you aurora!

9 years ago

I scrolled through about 1/2 of your 1000+ photos and didn't see the photo!!

Tell us a little about where you got it. This year? Box kit, etc. That might help with ID. It could be an old std Red Lion.
    K

• oleg9grower
    9 years ago

How much flowers have the first scape?

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We got it at walmart. It wasnt in a box kit. It came in the glass holder that it is in with rocks in the bottom and it said to add water.
    It had two scapes. One has already bloomed and expired but it did have 6 flowers. The one scape that is now blooming now has 6 flowers also. The leaves have a red shading on them.

9 years ago

Bloomaker product...likely Red Lion. I wish you would plant it! The bulb, from what I can see looks pretty dried out. This is a product meant to be disposable, but it doesn't need to be.
    K

Here is a link that might be useful: bulb butchery

• patton40
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That is exactly it! I planned on planting it in dirt after it bloomed and keep it to bloom every year like the rest i have. I havent planted it because it already had pretty big scapes on it and i thought i would disturb it and then it wouldnt bloom. I did take the spikey thing out though when i checked to see how much roots it had. I was shocked to see that the plastic spikey thing actually put holes in the bulb. And i agree it is dry because i was afraid it would rot if the bulb was in water. Thank you for your help. Maybe i saved one when i bought it. I hope anyway.

9 years ago

Im doing a dance! I actually figured it out! Thank you guys!

==>> its nice to teach.. congrats ...

you should have filmed the dance... lol ..

take care ...

ken

ps: you said: I planned on planting it in dirt ...

one more lesson ....

MEDIA is what goes in a pot ... there is good media.. and not so good media ...

mother earth is SOIL ... it does not work well in pots .... media is all about water management ... and soil is usually not manageable in a pot ...

DIRT .. as you call it.. is what is all over you and the workspace.. when you are done playing with soil or media ... lol ...

when it all boils down ... gardening.. is just an excuse for adults... to play in soil/media ... channeling their inner child ... as you did.. with your dance.. lol ...

i am sure.. the peeps here.... can guide you on how to go forward.. in planting your bulb ... and what to plant it in.. and how to do it ...