Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

So far so good....

Today is the first day that it hasn't been raining, or I've been home{{gwi:807}} in daylight hours, so thought that I would get some photos{{gwi:807}}.

Well....so far the only mislabel that I've had was supposed to be H. La Paz...and it's H. Lima. It's not from RC.

{{gwi:2122192}}

I love H. Neon. I used to have an H. Neon Rose and suspect they are the same.
{{gwi:2122193}}
{{gwi:2122194}}
{{gwi:2122195}}

Multiflora Yellow Garden is cute. 4 scapes and the first 2 look like 6 blooms/scape.
{{gwi:2122196}}

This is fuzzy....but this all came from a single bulb planted just about 5 weeks ago!
{{gwi:2122197}}

My H. Melfi is respectable and like Donna's has a brown ovary.
{{gwi:2122198}}

This year's H. Exotic Star seems to be a narrower bloom than I recall, but we haven't had an warm sunny days, so that may be impacting the bloom.
{{gwi:2122199}}

Any here's H. Cyberspace. These blooms are taking days (up to a week) to fully open.
{{gwi:2122200}}

Here's the group shot:
{{gwi:2122202}}

This post was edited by kaboehm on Fri, Jan 2, 15 at 13:13

Comments (12)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Great photos Kristi, they all look healthy and happy and are putting their best face forward!

Donnaâºâº

• lenanen
    9 years ago

They look lovely Kristi! Thank you for sharing, your photos brightened up a very grim, rainy and windy day.

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

HI Kristi,

What a beautiful display. Even though there is no snow on the ground, winter is in full swing with temps next week predicted to drop into the teens (yuck!!!), these outdoor flowering beauties are just what we need for a little pick-me-up.

Warm Regards,
    Fred

• haxuan
    9 years ago

Oh, they are all so beautiful!

By the way, did you have 8 blooms on one stalk in the fourth photo, or are there two stalks? That looks gorgeous.

Congrats, Kristi.

Xuan

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Xuan!
    That is H. Neon with 8 blooms on one scape.
    K

• parodise
    9 years ago

Kristi,

thanks for making my day with all these beauties! Great range of colors and shapes! Your Neon is simply perfect - love how all the 8 flowers have opened at the same time! Mine is deservedly resting after it bloomed 3 times for me this past growing season.

Lena

Original Author
    9 years ago

H. Tinke Verberg and H. Antartica are also now blooming and both are really lovely. H. Glee and H. (not) Ruby Meyer should be open in a day or two. I'll post more photos in a couple of days. Tomorrow night/Thursday morning temps are supposed to dip into high teens/low 20s!

UGH!
    K

• blancawing
    9 years ago

Hi Kristi,

I'm really looking forward to seeing your 'Tineke Verburg' and 'Antarctica' blooming.

About 'not Ruby Meyer,' there are at least two substitute cybisters this season. Hopefully, yours will turn out to be the best of the imposters.

Stay warm!

-Blanca

This post was edited by blancawing on Tue, Jan 6, 15 at 16:41

Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are a few more:

Here's H. Tinke Verberg....I really like it. I thought it would be more red, but in good light, it's orange.
    {{gwi:2122204}}
    {{gwi:2122206}}

And H. Antarica
    {{gwi:2122207}}
    {{gwi:2122208}}

This was supposed to be H. LaPaz, but is H. Tango. I hope I can get an H. LaPaz....
    {{gwi:2122209}}

My H. Ruby Meyer is a nice H. Quito. I still have many more photos to take!
    K

Original Author
    9 years ago

More photos from tonight.

First is what was supposed to be H. Kahlua, but it's not. I have no idea. It did balloon like the others posted on this forum, but it's not too "wild". I just opened today and is quite civil! It really is quite yellow and red... I'll see what tomorrow brings! (See below...separate post in this thread for outside better colors,)
    {{gwi:2122210}}

Here's another shot of H. Glee.Exactly as advertised!
    {{gwi:2122211}}

And here is what was bought as H. Ruby Meyer, knowing full well that it wouldn't be that. It turned out to be a lovely H. Quito. Two scapes in bloom at nearly the same time. Quite nice!
    {{gwi:2122212}}
    {{gwi:2122213}}

I'll post more as they bloom. REMEMBER, I put half away for later, so I'll have blooms continually for the next couple of months!
    K

This post was edited by kaboehm on Sun, Jan 11, 15 at 19:16

• chinhster
    9 years ago

Kristi, your blooms are so lovely! Can't wait to see more.
    I, also have a La Paz putting up 2 scapes. I wonder what I will get.
    Chinh.

Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm not H. Kahlua...who am I? (better colors here...yellow cast due to kitchen lights in post above).

{{gwi:2122214}}

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions