Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

A Few Snowy Afternoon Pictures...

Hi, Just have a few pictures of bulbs that are blooming for me now... my Red Peacock is definitly orange this year, no less beautiful.. and my Neon Rose has 8 flowers on this second scape, but I don't think that 3 of them will open as the bulb is very stressed. I bought this cybister as La Paz, does anyone have an opinion as to whether this is labeled correctly?

Thanks,

Donna

{{gwi:374641}}

{{gwi:374642}}

{{gwi:374643}}

{{gwi:374644}}

{{gwi:374645}}

Comments (11)

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Donna :)

Beautiful pictures! I got the same Cybister by buying 'La Paz', I'm sure it's 'Sumatra'.

Josh

• organicstarbuck
    13 years ago

They are all just gorgeous!

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Nice blooms, Donna! I especially like Orange Peacock. My La Paz are just now coming up - I'll be interested to see if it's like yours. Not to worry too much about Neon. It's an amazing grower - weed genes as Ryan would say. One summer and it'll be huge.

Alana

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, I've got a few more blooms to share.. first thing though is I have to say that 'Sumatra' is just outstandingly gorgeous..I really couldn't capture it correctly in a picture, both scapes are out at the same time, with a total of 9 flowers. The only other cybister I've had is 'Emerald' and this year there are only 2 flowers, not going to be nearly as beautiful as last year, and 'Santa Cruz' which is not really a cybister flower type. I will try again next year for a 'La Paz'

My 'Flamenco Queen' is in full bloom.. very pretty, but looks a bit arrogant in certain lights..and 'Giraffe' is blooming again this year..( I lost one bulb to NBF) and there are only 2 flowers to each stalk, I think there were more last year, but I can't tell from last year's pictures as there were so many stalks blooming at once with 2 bulbs in the same pot...

Thanks for looking,

Donna

'Flamenco Queen':

{{gwi:374646}}

{{gwi:374647}}

'Giraffe':

{{gwi:374648}}

{{gwi:374650}}

'Giraffe' bud:

{{gwi:374653}}

• Noni Morrison
    13 years ago

Well, now I think I know what my mysterious "Double Orange" is! Isn't that weird that they would both be orange this year, and surely we are in different climates with them! Does anyone else have "Orange Peacock" from what was a red one?
    Or maybe we bought from the same source a few years ago? I think this is one of my oldest bulbs, brought in either 2007 r 2008. What about yours?

Original Author
    13 years ago

Noni,

My Red Peacock came from white Flower Farm last year and the first 2 scapes were quite red (albeit an orangey red) and the 3rd scape was orange..just like this year... now I have another scape just starting on this year's Red(orange) Peacock and it will be interesting to see what color it is.. doesn't really matter, it's beautiful either way..

Donna

Original Author
    13 years ago

Just thought I'd add 'Pasadena', which is out today. Does anyone know what the ploidy of 'Pasadena' is..I have one more blossom of h. papilio to dab pollen on and I would like to try something red, and all I have is 'Pasadena' with a smidgeon of pollen on it and 'Neon', for a pink. Does anybody think either of them would take? I also have 'Giraffe', would that be enough different than Papilio to make pretty flowers..? Thanks, Donna

{{gwi:374655}}

{{gwi:374657}}

{{gwi:374659}}

• npublici
    13 years ago

Pasadena is tetraploid. I still try it on Papilio.
    Del

Original Author
    13 years ago

Del, Have you ever had any viable seeds from h. papilio x Pasadena, I know Pasadena is a favorite of yours....?
    Donna

Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add Exotic Star which opened the other day.. 3 flowers, last year there were 4 flowers each on 3 stalks but they didn't come all at once. I really love Exotic Star...thanks for looking:-)

Donna{{gwi:374661}}

{{gwi:374663}}

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Nice Donna! Looks like all your bulbs think it's spring up there!

Alana

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions