Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshy46013

Can You I.D. Me? + 'Zombie' :)

joshy46013
13 years ago

Hi guys

The first bulb is a mislabeled 'Giraffe', does anyone know what it might be? I was thinking maybe "Clown" or somethin?

{{gwi:374772}}

Here is a picture of my 'Zombie', I think it's very pretty, I love it!

{{gwi:374774}}

Comments (9)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Hi Josh,

Your Zombie is beautiful, it's not hanging it head yet like the rest of ours, it must be really happy.

I'm thinking you may have a Clown, take a look at mine for a comparison, whatever it is it's really beautiful..strong color with the white, perfect. If I remember correctly, Clown has a very large flower...over 7" but I don't think I wrote it down on mine, how large is yours...

{{gwi:374775}}

{{gwi:374776}}

Last year my Clown wasn't anywhere near as pretty or colorful as the first year...hoping for a better performance this year...

Donna

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Uhhhh... Clown and Zombie are so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing, Donna and Josh. These blooms brighten my day here.

Xuan

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi guys :)

Donna, I love your 'Clown'! :) I was informed that mine is identical to 'Sydney'! Whatever it is, it's beautiful :) The flowers are a good 7 inches!

My 'Zombie' seem to tilt their heads as they age! They're VERY beautiful tho, aren't they? I can't wait to 'Blossom Peacock' blooming! I think I have a secret fondness of doubles!

SADLY all my 'Estella' turned out to be 'Misty' :( I'm kinda bummed!

Josh

13 years ago

Josh,

Do you think my 'Clown" is really a 'Sydney', I suppose it could be, I do think our two flowers looks very similar...actually, other photos of 'Clown" didn't seem to be as vibrant as mine..or yours for that matter...

My 'Estella' is just starting to open, the bud is very FAT, I am suspecting it may be a double...should be open in 2 or 3 days...will let you know...I doubt very much that it is an 'Estella' it's definitely not another Misty though...

Donna

• tiarella
    13 years ago

Thanks for the preview on my Zombie which is yet to bloom. All my bulbs are behind because on Christmas day I woke to discover I had no heat in the house. They came and repaired it so that 2/3 of house got heat (3 zone system) but the room with my plants got no heat and to make matters worse I had to keep the door closed to avoid the maurauding merry munchers, Spooky Casper and Buffy. 8 days later the heat was fully restored and we are back to normal.

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Josh, Zombie is one of my favorites! Did you try to cross yours at all? I tried using its pollen on Athena and I got a quick rejection. (I would have thought them to be compatible, but maybe it was something else wrong.)

Donna, how come you didn't post the other picture of your Clown? The one with your husband - that one is a classic ;-)

Alana

13 years ago

OMG Alana, I don't want everybody to think that's what he really looks like...!

Donna

• organicstarbuck
    13 years ago

Zombie is just lovely!
    This is also my first time seeing Clown, which is just as beautiful.

• Carl
    13 years ago

Josh, my Sydney showed a big difference in colour in the stripes in the throat compared to the stripes in the outer petals:

{{gwi:372149}}

Also the petals are way broader than Cindee's. I first thought Ambiance, but there the upper petals are more round compared to the lower two.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz