Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

a re-blooming ruby star!!

Hi!

Just wanted to share my re-blooming Ruby Star..I do think this is just one of the most outstanding varieties. The stem is 19" she may have been shorter last year..there are 5 flowers (I think there were 5 last time) and the flowers measure about 6 1/2" but they curl back..5 full grown leaves grew before the scape emerged..I just love her!!

I took pictures inside and outside with and without flash and just didn't seem to be able to capture the correct color which is a dark cherry red..the color of a ripe Bing cherry..and at night in low light she almost looks black..and with her white filaments and fuzzy feet hanging down she is really amazing. The filaments hang way down and have a sheen to them and almost look like silk..I wasn't successful pollination on her last year I'll probably try again this year..her pollen didn't work on anything either and I don't remember

what I tried.

Thanks for looking..

Donna

{{gwi:375435}}

{{gwi:375436}}

{{gwi:375437}}

and all spidery..

{{gwi:375438}}

I really do hope that you all have one of these..ETGB's has them on sale now for about $8..If I didn't already have 2, I'd buy another!!

Comments (8)