Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Haitidoc are you OK?!!?!?

Worried about our hippi friend. Haitidoc, please respond to let us know you're ok. Prayers coming your way!

Kristi

Comments (22)

• rebecca47
    14 years ago

My prayers and supplications as well, not only for doc, but for everyone affected (directly or indirectly.

Hopefully someone will let us know how doc is. . . . . don't imagine there is much infrastructure left for things like computers let alone basic needs. I have not been watching the news on this - things like this up set me too much and I don't need the visuals to know how bad it is, I can feel it in my heart.

May the Lord's Army of Angels descend upon Haiti and bring comfort and support to all the people there and to all who have gone in on rescue missions.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I will repost this message for Haitidoc to reply to. Please don't bump down.
    Thanks,
    Kristi

• salpal
    14 years ago

I bet haitidoc went home to help...

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    14 years ago

Haitidoc and I have traded a few emails in the past due to our mutual love and compassion for our friends in Haiti (and amaryllis!). The area he works in is just outside of St. Marc, about 50-55 miles north of Port au Prince. There was little-to-no damage sustained in that area so if he was there (he's in Haiti approx. every other month), he is hopefully alright.

I sent him an email and told him folks on the Amaryllis Forum wanted to hear if he is ok. I'll post when I hear back unless he posts here first directly.

My guess is that salpal is correct - he's almost undoubtedly involved in the rescue and treatment efforts in PAP, as he is a medical doctor.

Below is a link to a good map of Haiti. St. Marc is on the west coast, north of PAP and south of Gonaives.

I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Map of Haiti

• haitidoc
    14 years ago

Your concerns are much appreciated. I am not sure if I posted on here that I found out this past summer that I had inoperable cancer of the pancreas. Just had a stent put in for marked jaundice and that made me pretty sick. Was to go back to Haiti this week but it will need to be in a week or two.

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

Well, glad you were not there during the earthquake but that is not good news you send us....so very sorry! I know this is not a good diagnosis. I wish you comfort, beautiful flowers, and to be surrounded by friends.

• Pat z6 MI
    14 years ago

haitidoc, I suspect you are on a huge amount of chemotherapy and need all the healing rest you can get in order to help anybody else. God love you.
    Pat

• haitidoc
    14 years ago

I'm not much good to anybody right now but my friends and family still want me around and I really appreciate you guys.
    Thanks to all. You are all good people and loved.
    Vic

• rebecca47
    14 years ago

Vic,
    Sometimes there just isn't anything one can say to someone in your situation. Just know that my prayer is that the Lord will give you all you need to get through this and that He will also Bless those around you who love you and care for you as well as give you care with what they need.My wish for you is ENOUGH; strength, understanding, comfort, FAITH, LOVE and HOPE as well as courage for the road that lies ahead. Most of all, I wish you PEACE.

Blessed Be. . . .

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Sometimes words do fail me, and sometimes it's difficult to find the right ones... but know that you are in my thoughts. :-)

Sending you lots of hugs... and silent support.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    14 years ago

Vic, same here with Jodi about the words, I have difficult time finding right words to say. You are in my thoughts as well.

14 years ago

I am sorry to let you know that Haitidoc passed away on February 12. He and his wife went to Haiti in early February to finish up some business at their mission and returned home earlier than planned, because he was getting weak. He died three days after arriving home. His wife said he did not suffer, but she was hoping he would live to see spring, as he really liked spring.

Haitidoc did a lot of good work at his mission in Haiti and will be greatly missed by both the Haitian people and the missionaries with whom he worked.

There was a Celebration of Life service for him this past Saturday.

His wife has a copy of this link and will be able to read any posts made here.

Carol

• elizabeth_jb
    14 years ago

Carol,

It was with much pain when I first read this message months ago. My mother had jaundice and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in November. Within three short weeks, she was gone. I spent every night with her, holding her hands, and it was quite painful to watch. So, I knew when I read...

I am so very sorry...

• blancawing
    14 years ago

Vic Binkley was a very special human being who gave selflessly of himself. His kind spirit, joy of life, and good works will certainly be missed.

I join all of you in mourning his passing.

In a February 2009 email to me discussing his gardens and the challenges of traveling between Indiana and Haiti, Vic wrote:

"Being gone half of the time makes a bit of a challenge, but it is amazing how well things go that way. I figure it must be God taking care of it while I am gone. It does a lot better, though, when I am here to help him."

I hope that the higher power will continue to watch over VicÂs beloved gardens.

I extend my deepest sympathy to VicÂs wife and family,

Blanca

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for posting the sad news about our friend on the list. We will miss him terribly. I know that his is touring the heavenly gardens, and no doubt giving some good advice!

To his family, also please accept my sincer sympathy on your loss.

Kristi

• hatta
    14 years ago

To Haitidoc's wife and family, please accept my deepest sympathy.

Hatta

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    14 years ago

For Hatidoc's wife and family, my deepest sympathy to you all and may his gardens bloom splendidly for all who loved him to enjoy.

Donna

14 years ago

Haitidoc sent me two photos of his beautiful yard:

{{gwi:376776}}

{{gwi:376778}}

• haitidoc
    14 years ago

To everyone who posted condolences about Vic/Haitidoc: thank you for the condolences and kind comments. It was almost as if you knew him by the things you said. He got a great deal of enjoyment from this forum--reading and posting. I think he is probably growing Amaryllis, among other things in Heaven right now! Vic would have been a gardener/landscaper, I'm sure, if God hadn't told him to become a doctor to do mission work. God Bless you all in your lives.

Donna Binkley

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

My belated and sincere condolences to the Binkley family.

Rest in peace, Vic, you will be greatly missed by all who's lives you touched! I can't wait to get to meet you one day in person up in Heaven.

Ryan

• cindeea
    14 years ago

God Bless everyone who Vic touched. Thank you to Donna and family for allowing us to share his great joy for life. He will be missed.

In memory of Vic
    {{gwi:376780}}From Amaryllis 2008-09

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Donna and family, my sympathies as well. It's clear Vic touched the lives of many and will be missed.

Alana

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions