Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karilynn22

Grandeur

karilynn22
17 years ago

Here is a photo of Grandeur. I really like it!

{{gwi:378273}}

Comments (10)

• elizabeth_jb
    17 years ago

I LOVE it!

Definitely on my next year MUST HAVE list!

Thanks for sharing a REAL picture!

• karilynn22
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Elizabeth, I noticed that at the company I bought it from that it's on sale now for 9.95 instead of 12.95.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grandeur

• karilynn22
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Another view of Grandeur

{{gwi:378274}}

• elizabeth_jb
    17 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Karilynn! I will use my refund from NOT Melusine to purchase this one, and, Oh, NO! I want a Santos, too, but it is not on sale...

Dare I? Yup! There goes some of my extra money from tutoring. Makes those extra hours more worth while, huh?

• mariava7
    17 years ago

This is my Grandeur that bloomed last week. Very PRETTY!!! It has such a small bulb but gave out huge flowers.

{{gwi:378275}}

Karilynn...Did the Grandeur seedpods pull through? I just pollinated three of the flowers tonight with Lemon Lime, Ruby Meyer and Emerald pollens. I'm still deciding on what pollens to use on the fourth flower.

Question: Is Grandeur a diploid?

• soultan
    16 years ago

I just potted mine... Hope it will bloom just as wonderful as yours.

• mariava7
    16 years ago

Soultan...I hope it does. Very good color combination, flowers lasted long and had a tall scape (good for cut flower).

Seedpods formed on Lemon Lime, Ruby Meyer and Emerald pollen. Pollination failed on fourth one using Exotica pollen. Grandeur must be a diploid then.

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

I've just bought some seeds of grandeur x Merengue from ebay.(I finally found somebody who will send the seeds to me here in Australia) I love the shape of the petals. I hope I get some nice flowers from these seeds.

• soultan
    16 years ago

The scape is developing... This is my latest potting... If I don't count the Hymenocallis bulbs that I just potted in a large container. All five in one... They should give a nice show when they bloom. Tomorrow, I will plant the Sprekelia bulbs, all the 10 the same way, in one large container.

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

actually, I beleive this one was from Royal Colors, so I would expect it to be true. But maybe the colors will intensify over time. It is in a rather dark corner. I will move it to a brighter spot today. I have a 2nd one coming on too so will see what it is.

And to whoever asked about the true color...the photo does show the true color it was on its first day open! I still like the pictures posted of what it SHOULD be better, LOL...

And now My"Pink FLoyd" is opening looking more green and giraffe like too. I think I got the floor sweepings of the green section! And I was going to try a Giraffe/Pink Floyd cross!

Well, We still have Melusine left to surprise me with /:-O

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions