Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I Amigo??

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 7, 11 at 20:42

This was a Red Lion...but I seem to recall seeing something similar posted as Amigo..

Thanks,
Kristi
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I Amigo??

Where did you get it at Kristi? most of Wal-mart bulbs were mislabled as "Amigo", Saad-Assaf confirmed this for me :) I do think it looks like "Amigo"

o

This was a huge bagged bulb from HD labeled as Red Lion. I thought I recalled someone posting about Amigo...fighting a horribley cruddy sinus thing and just thought I'd ask. THANKS!
K

o

Hope you're feeling better Amigo....

o

That's a lovely bulb Kristi - that a great find! Hope you're feeling better.

Alana

o

Amigo is one of my favorites! I would love some new Amigos. Maybe next year. I have some good Amigo cross seedlings coming on from a couple of years ago, too.

o

This is definitely the same as yours...its Amigo? ? Mine was supposed to have been red lion. It came from wal-mart. I had one bloom just like it that was supposed to have been Minerva but It must be amigo too!

o

Sure looks like Amigo to me, Amigo is better than Red Lion in my opinion anyway..enyoy it! Just remember a mislabeled bulb is quite often a good thing you end up with something even nicer than you intended to buy..many of my mislabels made me very happy!

o

Yes I am happy with it!

o

It does look more like Amigo... hope you feel better, Kristi.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here