Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Full bloom amaryllis 'evergreen'

Posted by ysfex3 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 21:09

This is my first amaryllis. It looks better than the photo that came with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Full bloom amaryllis 'evergreen'

The one next to the 'evergreen' is a 'dancing queen' double. This picture is a bit old. The first bloom for that one is almost open and it is huge.

o

Very, very pretty and vibrant looking! Nice growing. -J

o

Thanks for looking J. An update of the 'dancing queen'.

o
RE: Full bloom amaryllis 'evergreen' & 'dancing queen'

one full bloom. much larger than expected.

o

they're as large as my open hands! and the 'evergreen' still looks good even when shriveled, like death's hands.

o

and here's one with the flash for that glowing look.

o

first of my 'red lion' blooms open. not as bright red as i thought it would be. the pollen stain is from my cross pollination attempt with my 'dancing queen'. an interesting thing with that 'dancing queen', the first bloom had pollen but the second didn't produce any (that i could see).

o

I don't think it's H. Red Lion. I think it could be H. Black Pearl. Not dark enough to be H. Benfica...
K

o

I think you may be right. the pictures i could find point to black pearl and not red lion. got it from a local garden center. not complaining though, it looks great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here