Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another ID opinion

Posted by johnsonm08 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 21:10

I got this one as Red Lion from Walmart expecting to get Amigo, but I dont think its either..Does it look like Ferrari?
Thanks again
Mike
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another ID opinion

Mike,
I'm no good at IDing reds but here is a Ferrari that I gave to my sister-in-law a few years ago..I got it at White Flower Farm so I think it is true..you be the judge..

o

I think those look much like my Ferrari did. I really liked mine, which was a re-bloom from several seasons ago. I can't remember when or where I bought mine but it bloomed almost forever. in my cool greenhouse this December.

o

Help me also to find an ID for this beauty ...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.odnoklassniki.ru/profile/408225220918/album/420076292150/420083667766

o

Hi anniasd..I can'tseem to get into the album to see the picture..can anyone else see it?

o

maybe this one

Here is a link that might be useful: http://foto.mail.ru/mail/anniasd/46/72.html#60

o

Hi Annia,
Your flower is indeed very beautiful but I personally don't recognize it. Is this a new bulb for you or have you had it for several years(?) maybe it's an older variety..a lovely double in a very soft shade of peach. There may be someone else on this forum who will recognize it.
Annia, and next time.. don't hesitate to start a new thread as I'm afraid not everyone will see you picture as it is tacked on to the end of another thread...

Donna

o

Thank you, Donna
This bulb and a few others (the same) I had bought in India about 4 years back. Since then I had fallen in love with it but cannot find an ID. Now I am in Ukraine and brought these bulbs along. It is a small bulb, but happily gives good number offsets.

Annia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here