Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Please welcome my Misty - from Royal Colors

haxuan
13 years ago

My bulb Misty has opened its first bloom.

{{gwi:380000}}

{{gwi:380001}}

{{gwi:380002}}

{{gwi:380003}}

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Comments (21)

• fishing_dentist
    13 years ago

very nice Xuan!
    I love this little trumpet!
    And two stalks! Congrats! This whas a good deal!
    Frank

• Carl
    13 years ago

Beautiful photos, I never noticed the dotted details! Thanks for showing.

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

It's beautiful Xuan :) Does yours have any scent?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Xuan,

Your flowers are beautiful and your pictures are lovely! I'm curious just how large are they. I was disappointed that mine were so tiny, but maybe that's the way they are supposed to look! Mine had no scent.. do yours? And, maybe next year I'll be happier with mine, your flowers look like they are better formed and just plain prettier than mine were...

Donna

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Oh that's really pretty Xuan! The coloring is amazing. Thanks for posting it (though it still irritates me some that last year I got 6 Susans for all the Mistys I tried to obtain). Is it correct that it just has two blooms per scape?

Alana

• cindeea
    13 years ago

Xuan, one of my favs, you have captured her so beautifully. My update of her is on my post but I wanted to add...Donna, she is small and dainty. Here she is with her drink of choice. Not a great pic, I just took it for perspective for you. and ignore the empty Christmas cookie tins...I baked for 2 weekends, and we ate them all!! lol
    {{gwi:380004}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

This year or last I detected no scent with mine and I have a pretty good nose. lol I purchased mine from Scheepers both times Alana and got what I ordered.

• mariava7
    13 years ago

I would think that given the proper care it "likes", Misty can grow into a beautiful Hippie and not just a "cute" one.
    {{gwi:380005}}

It would not be produced for cutflower production in Holland if it does not perform as expected from such varieties.
    {{gwi:380006}}

I noticed here in my growing conditions, that trumpets LOVE the warmer weather.
    They wake up and bloom later that the other varieties.

Misty with some summer bloomers in August.
    {{gwi:380007}}

• cindeea
    13 years ago

OH MY, Maria, that last photo...your color collection is breath taking!! I can only dream of having such variety on display all at once! I's like a fruit cup of colors!

Alana, my Misty has 4 blooms on it's 1st scape.

• Noni Morrison
    13 years ago

OH! I found my Mistys. I thought they had died but there are 3 of them doing well in a pot. There are no buds on them yet but at least they look alive and healthy. I can see now that my first experience with them was not with good blooms...the pics show how very far mine have to go to equal them. I think maybe they are prettier with better lighting and more heat then mine had. And I see way longer stems then they had too!

13 years ago

Well, after seeing every one's lovely pictures of Misty, I think I owe my two bulbs an apology.. The first scapes on each bulb had 4 flowers, and each one has another scape coming, so Misty gets another chance, and I will stop my complaining... Lovely pictures everybody...

Donna

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

Here's mine...
    {{gwi:380008}}
    {{gwi:380009}}
    It hasn't bloomed again. Must not like it here!
    Kristi

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Joshy: the blooms have no scent :-(

Donna: here're photos of the bloom with a bottle of Olay for comparison of size.

{{gwi:380010}}

{{gwi:380011}}

I believe it has decent size; though not as big as other varieties but it's not too small either.

Xuan

13 years ago

Dear Xuan, You are too funny... and Cindy with her Perrier bottle..! Well, my Olay bottle is 4oz yours is 6oz only for some reason my bottle looks huge! I still think your flowers are all a bit larger than mine, but I now have hope for mine to be larger next year..! Thanks everybody for the comparisons..

Donna

{{gwi:380012}}

{{gwi:380013}}

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Donna, your flower does look really small! Mine was probably twice the size of yours!

13 years ago

Thanks, Josh!

Now, everybody doesn't think I'm crazy...Maybe the flowers will be larger next year, the color is fine, just the size, OK..I promise.. no more griping...(about Misty);-)

Donna

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

I hope it will be larger for you next year :) I love my "Misty", i got another one readying to bloom!

• cindeea
    13 years ago

OK this is weird, because I use Olay, too...twice daily...and I have the 6oz size like Xuan but the "Original" formula...like Donna
    {{gwi:380014}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

We must ALL be beautiful women.......well eventually anyway. I hope! lol

13 years ago

Maintenance is the word for me.... and your Misty is larger too:-)!! Olay is getting a little free air time!!

13 years ago

Actually, I can't say it's done much in the way of maintenance for me....

{{gwi:380015}}

just in case you were wondering what I looked like....:-)

• haxuan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I can't keep laughing about Olay! So, besides plants (amaryllis in particular) we also share a common moisturizer. We are all beautiful people, I believe so :-)

Glad I used the Olay bottle in the photo!

Donna: I hope your blooms will get bigger next season.

Xuan

• cindeea
    13 years ago

Hey, I can think of WORSE things we could use to compare size (ROFLMAO!!!)

Why Donna, did you just have Rhinoplasty and Lasik???
    You LQQK Marvelous Doll!!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists