Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A second one from Elizabeth to bloom in Vietnam

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 28, 10 at 4:10

This is the second amaryllis of the seeds I got from Elizabeth (Ann). Again, this plant has several pups. The color of this second one is more intense.

Comparing with the first one:

I believe they come from different parentage.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A second one from Elizabeth to bloom in Vietnam

Xuan,

How exciting to see the seedlings from crosses that I made actually blooming, so far away in Vietnam! You have obviously taken very good care of these.

It's another pretty one, and I agree that it probably has different parentage.

I wonder if I gave the same crosses to Cindee. If so, she might have a list of them, but I haven't seen her around in quite some time.

Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph, upload and post them here.

Both are very nice!

Ann

o

Xuan, Very beautiful! I really like the second one! Very vibrant and the first is so soft and pretty! I hope when my seedlings decide to bloom they are as nice as yours!! Please post another picture of the second one when it opens all the way!! Very Exciting!!

Donna

o

That's a very pretty color. And all the way from Vietnam too! This is very exciting. ( :
-Bo

o

Haxuan, Is the second bloom a soft orange, with a lighter orange between the veins,as it appears to be in the picture?
It is a very pretty bloom.
Del

o

Here is a new photo just taken of the second plant. The color is the same in the photo as outside.

And a group shot of the second one and others.

Thanks for looking.

Xuan

o

Very Beautiful!!....some of the petals have a white picotee!

o

The white picotee blows my mind. I adore that feature, but I know that I didn't have any with this particular characteristic at the time of the cross.

Xuan, do I see four blooms?

This is so exciting, and I thank you for sharing with all of us (especially me)!!!

Ann

o

Yes, Ann, there're four blooms on this one stalk. The first seedling had only two blooms on one stalk.
The 3rd one of your seedlings is about to open its bloom any moment now. Will share photos when it does.
Oh, so you call that little white edge Picotee? And that is very special? If you didn't have any of this trace in your plants at the time of the cross, then maybe this one could have come from Cindee's seeds.
Oh, I wonder where Cindee has been all this time. I hope she and her husband Dennis are well.

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here