Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone grow gethyllis?

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 7:39

I'm going to be looking for seedlings of gethyllis very soon, and wondered if many people here have experience with this species? Are these much more difficult to grow than albuca? I'll be posting a swap in the appropriate place, but if anyone here would like to talk about a trade, please let me know. I have a number of desirable species amaryllids that don't appear on my swap page--just ask.

Thanks!

--Rick in frozen CT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone grow gethyllis?

Did you ever hear from anyone? Your post sat idle for 3 weeks....I'm curious about these as well. Will you update us?
K

o

Gladly! I did locate some bulbs of this, and I'm waiting for them like a kid waiting for Santa Claus, just concerned about this frigid weather. These south african bulbs are fascinating, a whole new chapter of CHAD...hmmm...."south african CHAD syndrome--symptoms often include a general aching in the wallet, and shortness of living space..." lol.

I'll keep you all posted!

--Rick in CT

o

Where did you order them from? I hope they don't ship anytime soon. These Artic blasts can't be good for them.

K

o

I ordered them from SoilAndRoots.com in South Africa, which has a nice selection, however I haven't received that order yet. I've got my fingers crossed! SilverHill also has a great selection of seeds--it's a massive catalog, and their order came in fast, in ~a week.

--Rr

o

Thanks!! Will have to explore seeds and small bulbs!
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here