Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New blooms for me

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 8:38

Here're some new blooms for me on this side of the world.

Thanks for looking.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New blooms for me

Beautiful blooms!!!

o

Very nice! :D

o

Xuan,
They are all very beautiful!! Is this your first papilio? If so you must save every grain of pollen and put it on everything!! Even if not compatible some crosses will yield a few precious seeds for you and you are well on your way to some very interesting hybrids! If you have any Exotic Star or other cybister pollen those will (should) take on papilio. Hopefully in a few weeks you will be showing us some fat seedpods on your papilio!! Good Luck!!...Donna

o

Oh Xuan!

The blossom shown in your second photo is very beautiful with its subtle, delicate colors. Is it a Sonatini hybrid?

Congratulations, Blanca

o

Lovely blooms Xuan!

o

Thanks everyone.

Donna, yes...that's my first Papillio and I did put its pollen on all the blooms I'm having at the moment. I also put the pollen on that "exotica-like" on the Papillio, too.

Blanca: the second photo is Trentino, from Edensblooms.

Maria: Long time no see...:)

Xuan

o

Very nice
Arif

o

Hi Xuan,

Thanks for the ID. Your Trentino is especially lovely!

Best,
Blanca

o

Hi co Xuan,

Your flowers look amazing! I visited your blog and was happy to see another Vietnamese growing hippies. I'm curious - how did you manage to move all those plants to Dalat? Did you have to get some sorts of phylogenic certificate?

Btw, Happy New Year!

-My

o

Hello My

So you visited Tuysonvien :)

Dalat is within VN and therefore I do not need a phyto cert for my plants but I do need lots of space in my car as I cannot put them in the trunk because the weather is always very hot :)

Happy New Year to you too.

Xuan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here