Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Web site and hybrid ?

Posted by bluebonsai101 6a PA (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 9:25

Hi, I was fiddling around and came across this web site....likley been posted before, but I do not check in that often so would not have seen it: http://www.amarylis.estranky.cz/stranka/name_hippeastrum_8

So, the question is, when everyone imported from OZ last year did you get a hybrid called 'Margaret Eggins'? Someone mentioned it to me so thought I'd ask the experts.

Can't wait until spring gets here and I can stop shoveling snow :o) Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: List of Hippeastrum hybrids

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Web site and hybrid ?

Dan,that looks like a pretty good site,but I couldn't get pages, past the first two, to load. Thank you,I'll try again, some other time. I would like to see,and may start, a list of known ploidy of species and hybrids,along with that and other additional information. I'm sure that the Dutch and S. African growers have it,but they're not helping with any scientific information.
Del

o

Hi Dan, I just saw your post and question about Margaret Eggins and I just came upon a Mcguires called Margaret III
I don't suppose that could be it, is the only Margaret I've heard of. Here is a picture of MargaretIII
From FLAMING PEACOCK
......Not too exciting is it............

Donna

o

Hi Donna,

I was told by someone (e-mail me at plantguy@zoominternet.net ) that it is a rare hybrid......I have no clue as you know, but sounded nice I guess.....the description I got was nothing at all like the pic you show.....I have not e-mailed him back to ask for a pic as of yet.....too busy as usual. I'm looking for a few other things and that happened to come up, although I can not remember why right now. Thanks for the info :o) Dan

o

• Posted by dancacti Melbourne, Aust zn10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 27, 10 at 7:08

I have Margaret Eggins - I was given it by a keen 'rare plants' collector here in Victoria, however mine is only an offset and isn't at flowering stage yet.

I don't believe it is a Maguire's Hybrid.

o

I've now seed a pic of it and it is quite lovely as a hybrid. It is in fact an Aussie hybrid. Thanks for the info :o) Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here