Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Some Maguires and others...

Hi,

My Greatness got knocked over 2 weeks ago and I had to pick the scape. I was surprised that it even opened let alone bloomed, that's why the scape looks really bad, it's rotting. I was pleased with the flowers though and it has a musty smell not particularly pleasant though...

{{gwi:382128}}

{{gwi:382129}}

Next is my favorite Indian Fairy. This is the 3rd time this small bulb had bloomed for me, two scapes but only 2 flowers on the first one and they only open one at a time. It performed better the last two years. It has a wonderfully sweet scent.

{{gwi:382130}}

next is Adriana, which I am quite pleased with. Not much fragrance but nicely shaped flowers. Last year there were more marking in the petals so I think it will improve.

{{gwi:382131}}

{{gwi:382132}}

and I just have to throw in another picture of the beautiful Ruy Star ...not success with pollenation on Ruby Star. I had 9 flowers in one pot and not one taker. I think I'll just leave this one alone or maybe try papilio again...it refuses to set seeds or self, I've been trying for 3 years.

{{gwi:382133}}

and Neon or Neon Rose..just 4 flowers, i'st done better other years..

{{gwi:382134}}

and another picture of Pink Diamond..I have a seedpod with papilio growing but it's early so I'm not too excited yet

{{gwi:382135}}...

and I forgot Julia, she has definitly done better other years too...

{{gwi:382136}}

I have a huge flower about to open on Lavender Blue...stay tuned, thanks for looking...Donna

I hope I won't be sorry I posted the flowers in the large size so if they do become deformed, just click on them to see the correct size image....

This post was edited by dondeldux on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 9:39

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?