Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yipeee my first crossing blooms

Posted by fishing-dentist 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 10:58

Hello folks!
I want to share my great pleasure with You. After 3 hard years :-) my first crossing is flowering. It is not spectacular, but a little success for me.
It is a crossing between Gilmar (He may rest in peace) and Lemon lime.
enjoy

Photobucket
Photobucket

Best regards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yipeee my first crossing blooms

Well, will you look at that!! I think it's beautiful..is it a peachy pink? Looks like you've got veining too! How large is the flower..and it looks as if you've got 4 flowers also. Great Job!! Never would have guessed that Gilmar was a parent..goes to show you never know what you will get..how exciting!!

Donna

o

Wow - congratulations! That's very special. Nice job nurturing this seedling for so long.

Alana

o

Very pretty! Congratulations!!!

It did inherit Gilmar's red eye, white star center and it's veinings. Gilmar is a good parent (both ways) if you want veins.

o

That is exciting! I would say that one was worth the 3 years of nurturing it. Good work!

o

I love it! It looks like Gordie's little brother!
:-)
Kristi

o

Congratulations! That's quite exciting!
Michelle

o

• Posted by gmwill 5 Northern IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 6, 11 at 23:21

Congratulation! Love the color, -GM

o

Thanks to You all for confirming me!
I am happy with this little thing and will be excited about the next, they will bloom.
Best regards

o

Well done Doc.
Looks good.

o

It's very sweet! Did the bloom change at all as it matured? I'm wondering this because a number of blooms I've seen this season have ruffled or deepened in color as the blooms have aged slightly.

Thank you for sharing this new hybrid!
AJ

o

It's really lovely - such great veining - and it's inspiring, too. Congratulations! Does it have siblings?

Amanda

o

Frank! It's wonderful ;) How big are the blooms? I can't wait to see some of your other creations!

Josh

o

Josh they are not so small as they might look on the foto. ~ 18 cm in diameter.
I think my others will take some more time. Zhey are in the same age, but i had some problems with that bloody mealybugs.
They rejected the development of some and i lost some very precious!
Best regards

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here