Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Ebay # 5 (for me anyway)

A week or so ago I purchased another lot of bulbs growing in someone's yard in Texas. I got two healthy small bulbs and they are already sending up two narrow buds! Let's see what I end up with this time!...Donna

{{gwi:382861}}

{{gwi:382862}}

The picture on Ebay is a bit blown out but I kinda liked the side view picture on the left...take a look

Here is a link that might be useful: linc to ebay # 5

This post was edited by dondeldux on Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 11:03

Comments (16)

• sun_worshiper
    11 years ago

That eBay pic looks gorgeous! I hope yours look just as great!

• lila888
    11 years ago

Donna, I bought a lot from the same seller also. The second bulb is smaller and she send a bulblet to compensate for it. The other bulb is sending up a scape.

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lily,
    Both of my bulbs were quite small. So small infact I was quite surprised to see buds emerge from them! So maybe your smaller one will send up a bud in a bit. I hope so, we'll have to compare...Donna

• lila888
    11 years ago

Yes Donna, they are quite small. Can't believe for such small bulbs, they are capable of sending up flower stalks.

I too am hoping it will send up a stalk. I received them Friday with the stalk bent in the box, luckily it wasn't broken. I just potted them up today.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Yours look great too,how lucky for you that scape didn't break!! Great roots on all of them I see...Donna

• stevelau1911
    11 years ago

That scape will be at least as big as the bigger ones in another year. If you give it enough light and large pots, they grow pretty fast.

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

Funny, I had previously bid on these same flowers! I decided I didn't want to get into a bidding war, so I didn't win them. They are pretty though. I hope they have a scent when they bloom... you'll have to let us know! -Tina

Original Author
    11 years ago

Well OK, we're blooming now and it's not quite what I expected, not bad though but I don't think the shape of the flower looks like the picture that was on Ebay.
    Might be just stress. These are 4" flowers, 2 to a stalk, and quite a creamy green. The leaves are quite narrow which is nice, I'd call it a semi-miniature at the moment, no telling what next year might bring but I'd assume they'd be better. No fragrance that I can detect at the moment.

{{gwi:382863}}

{{gwi:382864}}

Now my bulbs were small so I'm hoping you guys will post your pictures when yours bloom.

Donna

• jstropic (10a)
    11 years ago

Aww...its just a baby - with potential :) I want to see it next year when its all grown up!
    -J

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Hmmm... You didn't save a photo from the posting on eBay did you? I'd be interested to see what they offered.
    K

Original Author
    11 years ago

The link is there is one of the earlier posts.

• dragonstone
    11 years ago

They do look neat but judging from the pictures on ebay, I can see the disappointment. The petals on these are very narrow when you're expecting a big white flower with faded red streaks.

Maybe next spring the flowers will be more full after it has established itself. :)

Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, it's growing on me. Not what I expected, but cute none the less. Not too bad for only 4 flowers.

Donna

Here's my last picture:

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I don`t know the name of that one but it must have been sold at a local nursery as it grows everywhere down here. The house down the street has them growing in the front yard in full sun and I know of several houses around Alvin that have hundreds of them in the yard. That and a big old red are the most common in yards. They are just starting to bloom in the yards here.
    Tally HO!

• sun_worshiper
    11 years ago

I like it Donna. I can imagine it would look especially beautiful in an outdoor setting where the sun would really make it shine.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Angela,

If you're interested, I could self a pod or two for you. I don't imagine they'd some true but if they're growing by the hundreds they must at least offset very easily..let me know in a post as I still have time to self a couple, or for anyone else that might be interested in growing them!.

Donna

Sponsored
More Discussions