Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now what?

Posted by chere 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 17, 10 at 15:20

OK here is what I did. I was digging up an Apple Blossom Amaryllis in my yard and I cut a piece off of it about the size of a quarter. well I was reading on here how to propagate amaryllis by cutting them up so I cut up the Apple Blossom to learn how to do this and they all are getting little bulbs on them even the quarter size piece and it doesn't even look like it has any of the root base attached.
Every time I look at the quarter piece it has another bulb on it. Did I also mention that they have leaves on them that are coming out of the baggie. It has four on it right now. Will they make it? When should I pot them up into individual pots?

Thank you.

Chere

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now what?

red shoe thank you

o

Sorry if no one replied, Chere :(
I have noticed that many of the regular "experts" are not around much lately - don't know why. They usually have lots to offer regarding your kind of question.

I have nothing to offer: out of 100 bulbs in my basement, only one has "awakened", and I am seriously depressed about it, especially since i have been doing everything right, so it seemed to me. Oh well...at least the new ones this season are putting on a show at the moment.

I hope your "babies" are doing well :)

o

Hi, Chere!

You can transplant them as soon as the little bulbs get to be about the size of a BB (as in BB gun).

Just make sure that they have nice little roots which they should have since you are seeing leaves.

Try to leave a piece of the mother scale if you can because the little bulb is feeding off of that and will until the scale dries up...

Hope that helps!

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here