Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurencej

Who am I ?

laurencej
13 years ago

Hi, from seed I germinated this, what I thought was a Pamela, but notice the center coloring. From whom I got the seeds said it might be a cross breed, partly Pamela. I looked at a lot of pictures on line to try and come up with a fit, to no avail. Any suggestions and thoughts would be appreciated. Some of the pictures might not be clear, but I did the best I could. I have several more in various stages of bulb development, so I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

{{gwi:384999}}

{{gwi:385000}}

{{gwi:385001}}

{{gwi:385002}}

{{gwi:385003}}

{{gwi:385004}}

Comments (6)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

HI,

If you're saying that you grew this from "seed", then it is a hybrid that would not be a named variety. It's parentage could be anything and even if you know who the parents are it could still pull it's genes from way back in it's gene pool and it would not necessarily look like it's parents. It is very nice and you are lucky that a "seed" gave you this lovely blossom. Please be sure to post any other seeds that you bring to blossom..very lovely and very interesting! You can call it anything you'd like, come up with your own name....Others on this forum may be better than I am at determining what the parents may be..and long did it take you to bring this to bloom from a seed?

Donna

• laurencej
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for the input. I originally got 6 different packets of seeds from a very good source on this forum. I learned how to cultivate them from this forum and this along with other were germinated in 5/08. This flower did not match up with any pictures I could find of the various varieties, so I consulted the source who told me that part was a Pamela. I will wait till I hear from others before deciding on a name if need be, but yes it really looks nice. In Jan or Feb of 08 I bought an Prelude plant from a local botanical garden, and the rest is history. I have only bought one, the rest of my growing collection are from seeds and water germination, another tech. I learned on this forum. I have a couple of others that are starting to begin a stalk, but this one and the prelude are blooming right now. Got another one of these that has the same flower that bloomed and am awaiting the other pod to open up. Thanks for your input!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

Donna's right. You can't give them names of something they look like (so IDing similar blooms is only good to satisfy your curiousity)...even if you knew that they were Pamela x Pamela...you'd have to call them Pamela "selfs" - you can't call them "Pamela" - as they might look like the grandparents or further back. The only way to get a true duplicate is through cloning...not through self-fertilization.
    GOOD LUCK!
    K

• laurencej
    Original Author
    13 years ago

After much looking, pictures of Supreme Garden look really close to my pictures. Opinions would be appreciated. tnx

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Just like Donna and Kristi said, it may look like those hybrids but it's a completely different plant, it gets it own name!

You can't call this plant 'Supreme Garden' or 'Pamela' because it is not either of these plants, it's offspring!

Josh

• brigarif Khan
    13 years ago

You like it enough, give it a name.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions