Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Charisma x Charisma seeds availible

Does anyone out there think they may be interested in some Charisma x Charisma seeds? I know it not anything special and in fact I didn't pollenate them myself, there were 10 flowers that were all out at the same time and there was pollen flying all over the place so they selfed themselves. I shouldn't have let them all grow, but I have 5 pods if you can believe that! They should be large healthy seeds and if someone wants to just put some right out in the ground you might want to try them..most likely they will look just like Charisma with some slight variations..

Donna

Comments (11)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Available not availible...

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

I sent an e-mail through your profile but the site sort of borked. I'm not sure if it went through or not? Just giving a heads up because I'd love some. :)

• retsec
    12 years ago

Sent you an email
    Nancy
    retsec

• seaj
    12 years ago

I would like some too if you have any more to spare. I'll send you an e-mail right now.

Jared

• jojo4619
    12 years ago

I would like to received some seeds, would youlike my email right now?
    jojo4619

Original Author
    12 years ago

JoJo..Email me through Garden Web with your name and address and I'll definitly put you on the list..This is great as I am very pleased to be able to find homes for some of these seeds! If you don't know how to email through Garden Web, just ask and I'll direct you..it's easy...

Donna

• dragonstone
    9 years ago

Hi Donna,

I wanted to let you know that five of the bulbs are sending up their maiden blooms. The first one opened today.

{{gwi:385010}}
    {{gwi:385011}}
    {{gwi:385012}}

I almost didn't have these, to be honest. The red blotch has been eating its way through everything the past few months because it stayed relatively cool. My attempts to keep it at bay with Thiomyl failed and I was running out of the stuff, so I pretty much gave up and figured I'd let the red blotch just devour everything and get it over with. There could be no rain for 2 weeks, sunny every day, yet the humidity is still over 75%, and it seems that's all the fungus needs to go crazy. It wiped out over 95% of my seedlings pretty quickly, hit my established bulbs so hard that some of them rotted away, etc.

But when I saw the first flower bud of "Charisma selfed" pop up, I used up the rest of my thiomyl on just this flower box alone, and even kept putting it in the greenhouse every time it rained to try to keep it dry. This pretty much renewed my 'fight' to try to save as many as I can.

I ran out of Thiomyl and just recently bought a new bottle of fungicide that boasts that once it dries, rain can't wash it off. I have to apply it every two weeks. Haven't had any rain yet but am hoping the fungicide works if all I have to do is reapply every two weeks.

Thank you so much for the seeds so that I can have this wonderful experience today. :)

Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Joe,

Well this apple didn't fall far from the tree! Glad you were able to save a few of your plants but very sorry to hear about the rest of them. I have a feeling the rest of these will look similar but I guess it's better than nothing, sorry it wasn't a more interesting cross. Thanks for the positive feedback and I can't wait to see the others when they bloom!âºâºâº

Donna

I wanted to add that you got these to bloom in a little over 2 years!! Congratulations, you must be doing something right!!

This post was edited by dondeldux on Thu, May 8, 14 at 17:01

• dragonstone
    9 years ago

I was so surprised! It's probably a good thing they came up when they did. I was so discouraged and had given up. Then to see flower buds was like... "Whoa! Maybe I should keep fighting." hehehe. A major feeling of self-satisfaction when they finally bloom, especially earlier when thought possible!

• dragonstone
    9 years ago

Hi Donna,

Here are the other three Charisma selfed that opened:

{{gwi:385013}}
    (A lot of people really liked this little one. Probably because there's more white in it than the others)

{{gwi:385014}}

{{gwi:385015}}

Unfortunately the final one shriveled up at the neck of its bulb and didn't get a chance to do anything.

I have to say, I think the very first flower that opened was the most Charisma-ish out of all four!

Original Author
    9 years ago

Good growing Joe. I wish this had been a more interesting cross that had yielded some exotic flowers for you but as I remember this selfed itself. (just reread the first post again ) Hopefully I sent you some other seed also and that some of them survived....

Donna

Sponsored
More Discussions