Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hadeco Double record and Royal colors Dancing queen

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 20:12

We have both of these and have found their blooms look alike! :(

DQ on the left, DR on the right.

What can you say about this? Thanks for your inputs.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hadeco Double record and Royal colors Dancing queen

Hi Xuan, It is my opinion that you don't have a Double Record but two lovely Dancing Queens..;-)
Donna

o
could it be First Love??

Xuan..You don't suppose the Hadeco variety could be 'First Love' do you?
'First Love' is pink rather than orange..and yours appears to be fuller..Just a thought..If I remember correctly my 'First Love' had some fragrance and I can't remember whether Dancing Queen does or not..

o

Donna, we bought the bulb on the right as "Double record", so I don't know whether Hadeco name their varieties by other names than those of Royal colors while in fact both are the same.

I wonder whether any of you have a "real" photo of Double record from Hadeco so I can compare.

Many thanks.

Xuan

o

Hi Xuan, I wasn't aware that Double Record was a Hadeco variety..I may be wrong, but I didn't find it listed on their website either..
Here is the link to the Chinese Website where there are several pictures of Double Record..
Now that I look a your pictures again, I guess I'll go back to my first suggestion that you have 2 Dancing Queen...:-)
Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Record

o

'Double Record' isn't a Hadeco hybrid.

Like Donna said, your 'Double Record' is a mislabeled 'Dancing Queen'.

o

Thank you, Donna and Josh.

When I first checked out Edensblooms site, DR was listed so I ordered 2 bulbs. Then, immediately after that, DR was removed from their site; however, Edensblooms still delivered the bulbs as such.

Now, it turned out mis-labeled. This is my first time with Edensblooms. Do you think they would replace should I notify them?

Xuan

o
I could have mistaken...

I think I could have mistaken. This bulb might have been from Edensblooms Dutch supplier and not from Hadeco.

Wonder why they give it a different name????

Xuan

o

Did edensblooms ever get back to you, Xuan?

o

Dragonstone: I haven't contacted them... I was waiting to hear from you people first to see if it has ever occurred to you similarly and what was their usual solutions.

Xuan

o

Xuan,

Whatever the case, it's wrong and should be replaced, I would write to them and talk to them about it!

'Double Record' would have had to come from their dutch supplier as well as 'Dancing Queen', that's where the mix-up came in.

o

I e-mailed them on the 23rd after people confirmed that my bulb was not Candy Floss. I decided I'd wait a week before e-mailing them. A week has passed so I shot them another e-mail today. I'm thinking I'll give them another week and if I don't hear from them, I'll just leave a review on DG's watchdog site.

o

Dragonstone: Perhaps, I'll follow you. I'll email them soon to see what happens.

Thanks for sharing the news.

Xuan

o

Hi Xuan - When I e-mailed them yesterday (On the 1st), I got a response and the person agreed that the bulb in my pictures were not Candy Floss. She said that we could do one of two things. I can get store credit or I can get a replacement. Since I bought the bulb on sale, I opted for a replacement. I haven't heard back yet so I don't know if a replacement is being packed up yet or not.

o

I e-mailed them a few days ago to check on the status of a bulb they forgot to ship me and haven't gotten a response back. I told them about the missing bulb in January and the last e-mail I got from them said that they would ship out the bulb as soon as possible, but it never came. I really hope the respond back soon.

Jared

o

I e-mailed them today to see if they sent a replacement yet. I got a response from Aaron telling me that he and his wife had a talk about whether I had Candy Floss or not - he thinks what I have is Candy Floss, just that growing conditions can change colors of the flower. He added that he sent a replacement bulb just to be sure.

Just to put it out there, Can stamen/anthers change from white to pink in a stressed situation? Has anyone seen that happen on their plant?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here