Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Hadeco Double record and Royal colors Dancing queen

haxuan
12 years ago

We have both of these and have found their blooms look alike! :(

DQ on the left, DR on the right.

{{gwi:385947}}

What can you say about this? Thanks for your inputs.

Xuan

Comments (15)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Hi Xuan, It is my opinion that you don't have a Double Record but two lovely Dancing Queens..;-)
    Donna

12 years ago

Xuan..You don't suppose the Hadeco variety could be 'First Love' do you?
    'First Love' is pink rather than orange..and yours appears to be fuller..Just a thought..If I remember correctly my 'First Love' had some fragrance and I can't remember whether Dancing Queen does or not..

{{gwi:385948}}

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Donna, we bought the bulb on the right as "Double record", so I don't know whether Hadeco name their varieties by other names than those of Royal colors while in fact both are the same.

I wonder whether any of you have a "real" photo of Double record from Hadeco so I can compare.

Many thanks.

Xuan

12 years ago

Hi Xuan, I wasn't aware that Double Record was a Hadeco variety..I may be wrong, but I didn't find it listed on their website either..
    Here is the link to the Chinese Website where there are several pictures of Double Record..
    Now that I look a your pictures again, I guess I'll go back to my first suggestion that you have 2 Dancing Queen...:-)
    Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Double Record

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

'Double Record' isn't a Hadeco hybrid.

Like Donna said, your 'Double Record' is a mislabeled 'Dancing Queen'.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Donna and Josh.

When I first checked out Edensblooms site, DR was listed so I ordered 2 bulbs. Then, immediately after that, DR was removed from their site; however, Edensblooms still delivered the bulbs as such.

Now, it turned out mis-labeled. This is my first time with Edensblooms. Do you think they would replace should I notify them?

Xuan

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think I could have mistaken. This bulb might have been from Edensblooms Dutch supplier and not from Hadeco.

Wonder why they give it a different name????

Xuan

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

Did edensblooms ever get back to you, Xuan?

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dragonstone: I haven't contacted them... I was waiting to hear from you people first to see if it has ever occurred to you similarly and what was their usual solutions.

Xuan

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Xuan,

Whatever the case, it's wrong and should be replaced, I would write to them and talk to them about it!

'Double Record' would have had to come from their dutch supplier as well as 'Dancing Queen', that's where the mix-up came in.

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

I e-mailed them on the 23rd after people confirmed that my bulb was not Candy Floss. I decided I'd wait a week before e-mailing them. A week has passed so I shot them another e-mail today. I'm thinking I'll give them another week and if I don't hear from them, I'll just leave a review on DG's watchdog site.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dragonstone: Perhaps, I'll follow you. I'll email them soon to see what happens.

Thanks for sharing the news.

Xuan

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

Hi Xuan - When I e-mailed them yesterday (On the 1st), I got a response and the person agreed that the bulb in my pictures were not Candy Floss. She said that we could do one of two things. I can get store credit or I can get a replacement. Since I bought the bulb on sale, I opted for a replacement. I haven't heard back yet so I don't know if a replacement is being packed up yet or not.

• seaj
    12 years ago

I e-mailed them a few days ago to check on the status of a bulb they forgot to ship me and haven't gotten a response back. I told them about the missing bulb in January and the last e-mail I got from them said that they would ship out the bulb as soon as possible, but it never came. I really hope the respond back soon.

Jared

• dragonstone
    12 years ago

I e-mailed them today to see if they sent a replacement yet. I got a response from Aaron telling me that he and his wife had a talk about whether I had Candy Floss or not - he thinks what I have is Candy Floss, just that growing conditions can change colors of the flower. He added that he sent a replacement bulb just to be sure.

Just to put it out there, Can stamen/anthers change from white to pink in a stressed situation? Has anyone seen that happen on their plant?

Sponsored
More Discussions