Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas crosses finally ripening!

Posted by kaboehm 9a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 21:39

The 3 seed pods on my Green Dragon are finally ripening. Tonight at the urging of Donna I fiddled with one pod that was starting to yellow and shrivel and the top split open. Quickly got off the phone and set up to open the pod.... Always exciting! How many, how big, plump or flat, black or pock-marked? I am the proud mum to 9 seeds of Green Dragon x Dancing Queen. I made the cross on Christmas Day and given the green seed donor x red/ white pollen donor, if they grow up to bloom green, red, and white I will call them "Christmas Queen"!

Now just to make it through the next 2-3 years! Hahaha!!!
K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas crosses finally ripening!

how exciting for you, now comes the hurry up and wait part

o

Yep... Maddening!
Hahahaha!
K

o

Oo, sounds like a fun idea. Hope it turns out awesome for you. :)

o

The next one that should be popping will be either GD x Alfresco or GD x Sweet Lillian. That GD/SL pod is pretty small...bet there are just about 6 seeds in it!
K

o

GD x Alfresco had 12 seeds. Those are carefully planted. I think about those Exotica pods that have 50-100 seeds!! The Royal Velvet pods are the size of shooter marbles or bigger ... And good and healthy.

Lots of pods on Temptation, Gervase, Lima, and Magic Green. Others pending on Emerald, Moscow, purple Rain and others. Showmaster is begging to be pollinated, but I don't know how I could improve it!

K

o

• Posted by seaj none (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 12:25

What pollen did you put on your Gervase?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here