Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Home from the Northwest Garden Show

Noni Morrison
13 years ago

Talk about 3 days of bliss! OK, no amaryllis but it sure was a "garden web" of the very best kind! My garden pal and I caught 9 or 10 lectures from noted garden Experts, and I did lots of fun shopping and chatted with vendors about everything from plants to chickens to hanging baskets to arbors! I learned about growing tomatoes in my greenhouse. Mm plant haul includes 2 new orchids, (one beautiful blue one and a lovely peach and gold)..not sure what they are but not cymbidiums like my first one. I brought home alstroemerias in many colors and Dieramas in white, lt pink, purple and dark pink, Kentucky Colonel mint, long stemmed fragrant dark purple violets, a special rare hardy fuchia, and unmerous garden tools.

My big problem was carrying everything, since I had slipped on the garage stairs just before coming, seriously spraining my ankle. Dr x-rayed it and gave me one of those step on boots with a rocker sole. SO yeh, I did my whole dream holiday with a very painful sprained ankle! All I can say is, that you have to have a sprained ankle, a garden show makes the best distraction from the pain possible! And I just took the taxi from the hotel to the Covention Center instead of walking 4 blocks uphill through some of our coldest temperatures this winter. I used a cane for the first day then tossed it as too cumbersome.

I think we ought to do our own forum at a garden show for people who want to know how to grow amaryllis, with all the experts on here! We could call it, "what to do with your Holiday Amaryllis"

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions