Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brigarif

For Maria

brigarif Khan
13 years ago

Hello Maria,

The 10 seedlings of your gifted seeds were doing very well, but got badly chewed up in the hail storm. I am sure they will survive. I would be great full if you send me some more seeds of your yellow beauties.

Arif

Comments (10)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

Dear Arif and all,
    I forwarded this to Maria's email. It looks like she's not checking into the forum and I wanted to make sure she got this...hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I felt bad that the request was sitting there unanswered. I used the email function on her page for this forum.

Kristi

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

Good job, Kristi. We vote you in as Class Secretary!

-Carol

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Kristi,My e-mail to her did not get delivered I was wondering why?
    Arif

13 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am a writer by profession (Medical Writer...not to be confused with transcriptionist)...and I am secretary of nearly every outside group I ever get involved with (homeowners' assoc., dog club, bird club, etc). I just must "look" like a secretary!!
    :-p
    Kristi

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kristi, I am not familiar with term Medical writer. Who exactly is a medical writer?
    Please ignore my ignorance.
    Arif

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Maria is still active on e-bay, I think she posted new items a few days ago, I hope all is well with her!

13 years ago

I am a medical writer...I write up the protocols for the clinical treatment of patients and subjects participating in clinical trials. I write the informed consents so that they are aware of the risks and benefits. When the study is over I write up the presentation of data and manuscripts to be published in medical journals, etc. In my new job (with a small pharmaceutical company) I am doing a lot of regulatory writing, which I don't enjoy at all! I like to write up the clinical side of things. I have been involved in medical research and the development of new treatments since 1984! Back then I worked on improving parenteral formulations for pre-term infants. Most recently (until 6 months ago) I worked in cancer research. Now I am working with a group doing diabetes research as well as work in IBS and IBD. I don't know much about these diseases...I have jumped into the new job with very little training on the diseases...but I know that will come down the road.

Hope that explains it a little better!
    Kristi

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Noooooowww I know why Kristi had to email me twice.

Yes I am alright and am just very busy at work, house, kids/grandkid, plants, eBay.
    Sorry for not peaking in here for a long time. Gotta pay the bills!!!

Dearest ARIF...Sorry to hear about the hail storm. I hope it didn't damage much in your beautiful garden. I surely will send you some more of the yellow seeds. My yellows are still snoring but should be waking up soon.
    Let's pray for a bountiful season so we'd get more yellow seeds. They just don't produce enough. That is if ever pollination succeeds. The yellows are very choosy with their partners. Germination rate is also not that great.

Joshy...Did the ones I sent you germinate?

I'll be around. You can always contact me in my email address. Or do what Joshy does..."Ask the seller a question" off eBay. LOL!

Happy Spring to all!

{{gwi:387674}}

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you my friends,
    Kristi, you have an interesting job. I hope it is to your liking.
    Mariea, All my annuals are completely destroyed. The perennials are staging a comeback. The poor seedlings of your seeds are one of the brave ones. Here they are.
    A day after
    {{gwi:387675}}
    Today
    {{gwi:387676}}
    Arif

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Hey Kristi, good to know about your profession, I am associated with a herbal pharmaceutical company & clinical research as well (very recently) also writing my first ever protocol for a double blind, randomized active controlled study...

Izhar