Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hatta_gw

Buds and Blooms!

hatta
15 years ago

Nothing much going in Blooms Department.

H Puniceum (orange) gives out plenty of blooms this morning

{{gwi:388211}}

{{gwi:388212}}

{{gwi:388213}}

{{gwi:388214}}

This dark red Hippeastrum (from China is hiding from the sun

{{gwi:388215}}

And in the Buds Department, there are so much to look forward to.

H Puniceum (red) is pushing up a scape, second time from the same bulb since Oct last year .... yaay!

{{gwi:388216}}

New arrival, H Tosca, has two buds peeking ...

{{gwi:388217}}

Amalfi ...

{{gwi:388218}}

Bellissimo ...

{{gwi:388219}}

Local purchase, Rock and Roll (hope is not a mislabel!)

{{gwi:388220}}

Also local purchase, Ragtime (hope it is not a mislabel!)

{{gwi:388221}}

Thank you for looking!

Hatta

Comments (9)

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Wow! Lots happening in your garden, and in pots! I like the color of the Puniceum!

Thanks for sharing! Those Hadeco bulb should be wonderful in bloom!

• e36yellowm3
    15 years ago

Hatta, how exciting - so many blooms and so lovely! Alana

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    15 years ago

Hatt, beautiful blooms & lots of buds.
    Congrats!

Jan

• ryan820
    15 years ago

Ragtime is AAAAAAWsoooooome! You're going to love it. I have one and I've been hoarding the babies so I can put them all in one planter (clister)-- have 5 or more of these guys in one pot blooming at the same time will be phenominal!

Hadeco bulbs in general have been amazing performers for me. Be careful not to plant them too deep though. Mine sit on the soil after some rot issues. They like the bulb to be dryer.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Hatta, I love your Puniceum flowers. They are so playful!! Your other bulbs are coming along nicely too.

Finally, the front circle bed has come....well....FULL CIRCLE! Blooming all the way around! My camera is slowly dying and so I cannot upload pics of it, you would all love the front bed! The Red and White Gerbera daisys and the red/white/green Caladiums are also popping up their spring faces...damn camera!!!

I also have my Sainted San Remo opening it's first scape-beautiful as ever. Large buds ready to open on my Vera and Rembrandt Van Rijn. Also buds popping up on Sumatra and Elvas.

One I would really love to photo is a collection of "Charisma Crosses" seeds/bulblets I started from Elizabethjb a few years back. They are all so different. One bulb is blooming size and has a lovely bud and scape. There is another collection of clumping bulbs and then two bulbs in a separate pot. These are all from Eliz and I cannot wait to see what they turn out to be. These may be my FIRST seeds/bulblets from others to bloom for me!! YAY damn camera!!!

• elizabeth_jb
    15 years ago

OMG! Cindee! You are so very beautiful!

I am THRILLED! Tickled Pink/Red! You are actually going to have blooms from those seeds?

Gee! It seems like yesterday, but then again, it seems so long ago because so much has happened since then.

Well... If you can't get a picture this year, then perhaps the next or the next, but I have to tell you that it doesn't really matter, as long as they give you the thrill that it gives me that they are blooming for you.

Hugs!

You made my DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann

• frank27603
    15 years ago

Very nice Hatta! I can't wait to see the new additions bloom!

-Frank

• hatta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Ryan, the bulbs were planted like that when I bought them, and they were sold in pots. I believe they have been planted too deep for several years already. I will repot them after they are done blooming because I am afraid that I will disturb the blooming process ... thanks!

Cindee, can not wait to see your circle bed ... must be spectacular when all are in bloom FULL CIRCLE! Please please please take photos, borrow one from your neighbour if you must! LOL!

I plan to create one circular flower bed under my Bucida Buceras tree ...that will be next year, I suppose when I have enough stock of bulbs of different varieties.

OK, back to my garden, of all the buds I shown above, Amalfi opened up yesterday ...

The bud ...
    {{gwi:388222}}

The side view ...
    {{gwi:388223}}

The bloom ...
    {{gwi:388224}}

The close-up ...
    {{gwi:388225}}

And these are new entrants last week in Bud Department

White Crinum ..
    {{gwi:388226}}

White Ginger Lily (a distant cousin to Hippeastrums). I was told that the fragrance is heavenly!
    {{gwi:388227}}

Red and White, yes Jodi, the bulb heard you and presented a scape! This is similar to the spectacular garden bed blooms that I showed in my other thread.
    {{gwi:388228}}

Thanks for looking!

Hatta

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Sweet! Wonderful collection you've got going, there! Amalfi is a fabulous pink! I loved mine, though she hasn't bloomed yet this season.

Last year, we got a ginger division in along with a plant order, and I successfully killed it! I potted it up, and everything above soil promptly died... then, some shoots began to grow from the roots, but they eventually died, too. I have no idea what I did wrong, but I've decided it best to concentrate on bulbs... those, I can grow! :-)

Very nice photos, Hatta... thank you for sharing!

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21
More Discussions