Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brigarif

For the GURU

brigarif Khan
16 years ago

Hans-Werner;

I hope you will like this seedling of 2005.

{{gwi:388747}}

{{gwi:388748}}

ARIF

Comments (41)

• dablo93
    16 years ago

wow, that's really an amazing flower!! congrats with that beauty!!

• pat1944
    16 years ago

Oh, wow, how beautiful!!! What are the parents of this beauty?

• giantslug
    16 years ago

That looks stunning. It almost looks like it came from a painting.
    Thank you for posting the photo!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Arif, you never cease to amaze me with your breeds. This is a lovely flower.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Parents, CHARISMA/PHILIDELPHIA

• jstropic (10a)
    16 years ago

Gorgeous!! So, does your daughter like this one :) I bet she does!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

It's wonderful, Arif, as are all your blooms! I, too, am constantly amazed by the beauty you post! Keep them coming!

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

May be this will break your silence.

{{gwi:388749}}
    ARIF

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

I'm drooling... what a beauty! I love that color pattern!

• jstropic (10a)
    16 years ago

Arif,

So beautiful!! I agree with Jodi, the color veining is stunning. It must be so much fun for you to watch new seedlings bloom for the first time and not know what beauty they will show you.

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

Gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous!! Did i say Gorgeous!!

Kathi

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How about this.

{{gwi:388750}}
    {{gwi:388751}}

ARIF

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

That one is so beautiful it makes my mouth water!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Oh my! Now, that's what I call exquisite! What a stunner! The slightly cherry color, the white edging, the green eye... the wonderful shape! It's positively gorgeous, Arif!

THAT'S a keeper, in my humble opinion! I love it!

• jstropic (10a)
    16 years ago

Oh my!!!!! That is incredible looking! This is my new favorite from your breedings! Does it have a name? I want to remember it.

• dablo93
    16 years ago

wow, they are ALL BEAUTIFUL!!
    thanks for sharing this beautifup=l plants!!

• lora_in
    16 years ago

Hi Arif,
    Very beautiful!
    Are there only 5 pollinia on the Charisma X Philadelphia? And, I'm not sure if I see a stigma... maybe a double next year ?

The second, what a beautiful pattern of veining!
    And that third,the veining with the white edge, so very beautiful! Lora

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Lora, The second flower confirms your observation. It is doubling.

{{gwi:388752}}

Here is another winner.

{{gwi:388753}}

{{gwi:376705}}
    Hope you like it.
    ARIF

• jackie_o
    16 years ago

Wow Arif those are just gorgeous! You should be so proud!

• dablo93
    16 years ago

unbelievable, they are so beautiful!! congratis with these beautiful hybrids!

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Arif, that peachy red one with the veining and white edge...I covet that so badly! Is there any way I could get some seeds or an offset of that one. or one of its relatives? Or alternatively, do you know what you crossed to get it? And I have a name for it...how about "THE WEB OF LIFE"? With the webbing and that wonderful color.....It is like birth, and sunrise, and delicious fruit.

• lora_in
    16 years ago

Hi Arif,

That double will be spectacular when it finishes filling in : ) The red edge will make quite a pattern over the center of the flower. I hope you self pollinated the first flower, that could make quite a set of doubled babies!

The next, I like very much! The clear triangle & heavy bottom are lovely, good balance to the shape, awesome overlap on the petals. The color is showing a pale wash of green on my moniter. Yes, another winner : ) Lora

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Arif, each new bloom you post is more spectacular than the last! I love them all! I don't know that I could choose a favorite... although, the cherry colored one and the creamy greens really stand out! Your breeding program is really coming along... and you should be very proud of your efforts!

Thanks again for sharing all this loveliness! It really makes my day!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Arif, the distinctive veining in some of your creations is just astounding...I want to come live in your garden!!!

I sent you a personal email by the way. I hope you get it.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still no responce from the GURU
    May be this gets his approval.

{{gwi:388754}}
    {{gwi:388756}}
    Cindee, Thanks for the offer, looking for it.
    Lora, the pale wash of green is the distinctive feature of the flower.
    Liza, I have selfed it and will send you some seeds if possible.

ARIF

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Each new flower you post, Arif, is like a whole new experience! If I had to choose a single bloom from all that you have shown... I would not be able to! Each one has its own beauty in color and shape and pattern... it's like looking through a catalog of new varieties! They're all wonderful!

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

Arif, I would love that! I am just getting started at the seed growing part of this but if you see anything in the pictures I post that you would like, let me know and I will try to self it for you.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hans-Werner;
    So you did not find any worth a notice. Well, anyway I will keep trying. A seedling of 2005.
    {{gwi:388758}}
    ARIF

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Todays addition.
    The flat one
    {{gwi:388760}}
    ARIF

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

These last two are really something! The colors and shapes are so wonderful! I'm running out of descriptive words to use...

Arif, your flowers are all so scrumptious! Each one is prettier than the last... they all have such nice, yet different, color shades and bloom shapes... looking at them all is like turning the pages of a new bulb catalog, and not being able to choose which ones to buy!

I'd say that all your hard work is really paying off!

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello
    DonÂt get bored.
    {{gwi:388761}}
    {{gwi:388762}}

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Arif, you must be having the time of your life, with all these awesome blooms surrounding you right now! Choosing the best out of all your flowers has to be quite a challenge!

• jet_ny
    15 years ago

I like that peachy one above. Not saying I don't like the others too.:)

• ninecrow
    15 years ago

How can we Get Bored with Your BRILLIANT Flower Photos??????

Did you see the seedling that Bloomed for Me? Defantly Different....

• haweha
    15 years ago

I do like particularly "The flat one". Hello Arif, did this specimen grow well in the last summer, and will it produce flowers in this season? (I hope for 4 flowers per scape).

With that saying, I point to an observation I have made throughout the time I am raising knight Star Lilies out of seeds: Some of them seedlings comes well once with maiden blooms but afterwards these plants have a tendency to become weaker and eventually fade away. This comes particularly to light if I keep the plants (crowded) together (and do not replant into freh soil). A good winner should be able not only to produce unforgettable flowers but also to stand the competition for space from its neighbors AND not to collapse in its "aging" substrate.

• Noni Morrison
    15 years ago

Arif, if the beauty above whom I dubbed "The Web of Life" last year sets seeds this year, I would still like some of them to try! Actually I would like extra seeds from what ever you have if you need to get rid of a few! (But only a few until I get my new greenhouse doing!) The offer still stands to send you seeds from any of mine. I think most of my remaining seed pods are crosses with Amigo which is a splendid, sturdy flower of gorgeous bright red/orange/raspberry shades.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GURU is a word used for respected teacher.
    Here it was for Sir Hans.
    It took a year and two weeks to get a response from him.
    Sir, if you remember once I told you about developing a Hippeastrum farm. I have started working on it. I am shifting the surplus and discards including the two flower ones to the farm. At home I will have only the quality and Nursery beds.
    Lizalily
    It has not bloomed yet. I Will keep it in mind.
    ARIF

• ayeshaa
    14 years ago

thank you for these beautiful images. they inspire me to no end. i cant wait for my first ever cross to seed... patience is what i need... let me go find some

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

I would certainly love to have each and every one of your crosses in my collection, Arif. They are all just stunning! I could not pick a favorite, as they are all magnificent. Congratulations to you, all of your hard work has really paid off handsomely.

Thank you for sharing.

Ryan

• kinghaven
    14 years ago

WOW, what a beautiful bunch you have there. Each one is amazing in its own way, each one was my new favorite as I looked at the photos! The one above the one you called the flat one is to die for and really was my favorite in the end. It seems for the last few months i have been eating and sleeping seeds! I cannot wait to see what they will produce, I am jealous......... Becky

• mariava7
    14 years ago

The "flat one" is beautiful for me. Congratulations ARIF!!! Keep up the good work!