Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brigarif

Assesment Hipeastrum

brigarif Khan
18 years ago

Hello ALL

Your assesment of this flower is requested,. It is 19 CM accross.

{{gwi:389812}}

I find it rather interesting.

ARIF

Comments (29)

• haweha
    18 years ago

I like these white edges
    I like to assign this as "reverse picotee" *ggg*

• mariava7
    18 years ago

It's very pretty Arif. I like the white edges too!

• lora_in
    18 years ago

Hi Arif,
    It has a beautiful face with a touch of the wild to it. The reverse picotee is great,well balanced shape. Lora

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello
    I am glad you liked it.
    It will be named Reverse Picotee.
    I have criss-crossed it with Apple Blossom.
    ARIF

• JaapM
    18 years ago

Brigarif,

Reversed: why not Eetocip ...

Jaap

• Wildcat_IN_Z5
    18 years ago

Hello Arif,

I really like how the inner petals are more narrow like an isosceles triangle and the outer petals are larger and fatter more like and equilateral triangle.

Very pleasing to the eye.

Nice work!

Wildcat
    PS. I would name it Euclid's Amaryllis. See:
    http://www.jimloy.com/geometry/iso.htm

• ninecrow
    18 years ago

Arif
    Very Nice
    Please can you tell me who the Parants are
    Thank You

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi
    Jaap
    The word Eetocip is not in my dictionary. What does it mean?.
    ARIF

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello
    How about this one the flower is floppy but the colour is unusual. public opinion: (pleasing).

{{gwi:389939}}
    ARIF

• crazyforcorelli
    18 years ago

You're right, Arif: the color is fabulous.

I react more to the coloration than the shape of the flower, so the floppiness doesn't lessen my opinion. (Of course, I'm just a fan/collector, not a breeder.) However, I do prefer the larger sized flowers. How big is this one?

• mariava7
    18 years ago

"The word Eetocip is not in my dictionary. What does it mean?."
    LOL...Arif...did you really look up that word in the dictionary? EETOCIP is PICOTEE spelled backward like FIRA is ARIF...see?

• JaapM
    18 years ago

So I thought: reversed ....
    backwards !

Jaap
    ( did I tell you I like that one very much ???? )

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is another, nothing special but still charming.

{{gwi:389940}}

ARIF

• haweha
    18 years ago

This is exactly what I am fond of.
    Perfect little trumpets.
    With a nice drwaing of red streaks and white ligaments.
    Could you self piollinate it and...

Hans-Werner

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello
    Hans-Werner
    Sure will comply and try to send some seeds
    ARIF

• raydio
    18 years ago

The red with white picotee is very nice. The frilly edge adds a lot to its charm. I like the 3 large sepals and 3 small petals look, the double-triangular look that it has. I love the pointiness of the smaller petals. They give a lot of zest to a beautiful bloom. Well done!

The second bloom is so lush and sensuous, Mmmmmm, sexy! The way the sepals are so rounded is a plus to me. The color is very appealing, with what looks like a hint of yellow. Very desirable, too.

Robert.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello All
    It is first bloom. The flower is small but very pleasing.

{{gwi:389941}}

Your assesment please.
    ARIF

• haweha
    18 years ago

A far more unusual color distribution
    Very interesting!

Cultivars with particular color patterns might have a chance on the commercial market provided the color intensities are deep thus creating more dramatic contrasts.

IF I consider SO then the greenish shining of the "white" parts are fascinating but the red parts should be more intense in color.

On the other hand I could very well imagine that this beautifull hybrid WILL exhibit deeper colors when forced elsewhere (under lower temperatures)

Hans-Werner

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello All
    Hans-Werner
    Here are two more first time blooming seedlings.You may like them.

{{gwi:389942}}

{{gwi:389943}}
    Hi Lora
    havent heard from you.

ARIF

• haweha
    18 years ago

I like the second.
    Fine proportions and clear-structured color profile. Particularly the three segments of the outer circle are becoming white towards the tips - I like that.
    Perfectly cigar shaped buds with nice veined coloration, too.

Hans-Werner

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thisis my old fovourit.
    It is a healthy plant, three scapes , large flower lasts longer than others and is scented.

{{gwi:389944}}

{{gwi:389945}}
    ARIF

• lora_in
    18 years ago

Ahhhh,the last photo looks like H. vittatum X something...
    So that is where the lovely veining and rippled edges are coming from !
    The floppy flower with the unusual color I like very much. It seems there is a layer of yellow underlying the orange.I also like the way the color shows on the filaments. If it was bred against a white I think some pastel shades of sherbert orange would come out :)
    The little red & white trumpet is great! It is one that I would make room for in my greenhouse.
    The next "small but pleasing" is another very good one. I agree with Hans-Werner that the color could be darker but not everyone likes the high contrast look. The way the white reaches the tips of the petals in broad bands is very good.
    Of the next two photos, I like the first better. It is not as balanced and clear patterened like the second but it grabbed my attention. The starfish shape and narrower petals lend it a bit of the "wild" . Maybe it's the contrast of the shape against the large flowered hybrids that are sooooo common here.
    The second is still quite nice with the white bands reaching the tips and the lovely streaks & veins.
    In all,you have a great collection of seedlings there,several of which I definately prefer over the large flowered Dutch hybrids.
    Do any of your seedlings carry the scent from the H. vittatum looking parent? I've been trying to breed scent into my seedlings but it always breeds out instead. I added Pink Floyd into my breeding with the hope of fixing the scent into a line. Lora

• mariava7
    18 years ago

I love tha last 2 pics...simplicity is beauty!

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello Folks
    Please do let me know if I am over stretching your hospitality.
    I like these two a lot.
    I have not been able to capture the correct colour which is a little bluish.

{{gwi:389750}}

I love the secound for its BABY look.

{{gwi:389946}}

ARIF

• lilies4me
    17 years ago

Arif...this message comes late since it's September, 2006 but I've just been going thru postings and found the pictures of your amaryllis. They're beautiful. Just as beautiful is your obvious love for the flowers and the dedication you put in them. It makes the heart grow warm seeing someone so motivated and inspired...as well as someone doing what causes them to be self realized. Smiling...gardening seems to do that to people and it seems also to soften their hearts so they appreciate the beauty around them. Thanks for sharing. I'll always look at your postings. Thanks again.

• raydio
    17 years ago

Very nice, Arif!

The mostly white ones with the red stripes look like one called "Peppermint Candy" and one of the "unknowns" on the Bulbmeister site linked below.

To see more pix, click on one of the camera icons and then use the arrows in the pop-up to see more hybrids than are listed as currently available, including the two mentioned above.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bulbmeister site.

• soultan
    17 years ago

Hi brigarif,
    Do you have some offsets of your reverse picotee?
    I am a crazed collector and I start to run out of official varieties, and your reverse picotee looks pretty individual for me. It could be put in circulation. Too bad you are not a company. :o)

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello
    I am glad you liked it. I have no idea it is there some where in my jungal of AMARYLLIS
    ARIF

• soultan
    17 years ago

Hah...
    I grew out of the house already but still keep them in pots... The beginning of next year, we will move, and my neighbor has three green houses for her orchids, but she is old now, so she is not using them anymore, at least the upper ones, since they are on an upslope... I guess, my huge family will occupy one of her green houses for a while... Till I get a permanent solution like that, I don't want to start letting the flowers seed up and then just produce thousands of little bulbs for me... Even though I'd really love it...

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions