Posted by pupu999 none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 9:45

Lima

Splash

Yellow Goodness x Double Record

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blossoming

Your Lima and Splash are lovely..this seems to be a great year for beautiful photos of Lima! I especially love your cross, it's really soft and beautiful! The veining is really exquisite.. great job!
Donna

o

Hi,Donna
Thank you for your praise. Others will be coming soon.

o

NEW

o

Are these the same cross as above.. Yellow Goodness x Double Record.. (by the way what is Yellow Goodness)? They're all nice but # 3 stands out!! Very eye catching!! Definitely my favorite from this group...# 1 is nice too, but I'd like it better if it didn't have that extra petal..;-)

Donna

o

SG107= Lima x Double Record
SG113= Ambiance x White Peaccok
SG110= Lima or La Paz x (??? a sort of "Double")

My mother muddled some labels up last year.....
so.....you know :(

o

Greetings pupu999,

Your hybrids are simply stunning! I am especially taken with 'Yellow Goddess x 'Double Record.' Your hybridizing and growing are most impressive and exciting. Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful fruits of your labor with us. More please.

Kind regards,

Blanca (in California)

Donna, I hope the comment above answers your question about 'Yellow Goodness.' Sadly, 'Yellow Goddess is another lovely variety that is out of production. I am down to one seedling. To me, yellow varieties appear to be genetically weaker and more vulnerable to disease. By the way, I owe you a long email reply. I promise that it will be coming asap.

o

Terrific photos of beautiful flowers! You should be super proud! Thanks for sharing these with us, they're so lovely to see. Take care!

o

HELLO BLANCA~ Thank you for your compliment and sorry for that I misspelled the word.....
It's Yellow Goddness. I use it as parents no more cause the flower shape will inherit the skewness easily.

GRANT, Thank you again and hope you all like them.

o

eye-catching

o

WOW!! The best yet!!

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 21:22

OMG Sh*t THAT's a good one. Congratulations! One of the Parents must have been a Papilio hybrid.

o

精 致 的

Best,

Blanca

o
So Sorry

I was trying to write exquisite! in Mandarin Chinese, but the characters appear to have been garbled by the notorious Garden Gnomes.

-B

o

Equisite is the right word for this jem.

o

Dear all,
Thank you for your interest in SG108 :)
I noticed that it's the same cross with the photo SG103

Hereby is SG120, I love this color with dark red pearl velvet.

o

an unexpected surprise

o

Thanks for sharing - very fun to see the results of your crosses!

o

WOW!! You sure are sucessful in getting some over-the-top seedlings..Another winner!! You've got the touch!

Donna

o
how large?

I forgot to ask, what is the cross and how large is the flower..larger than Evergreen?

o

Thank you pupu very much for sharing with us all the beautiful pix of your plants.
I enjoy them very much.
marie

o

I really like that last green scape! That is amazing!

o

Thank you all.
Donna, SG131 is Green Dragon x Lima
This cross, they are almost green / yellow with a mild brown color, but few are pretty green on the inner side of petals. The diameter is a little bit larger than EG.
I remember I still made a another cross : GD x Chico, but I did not find it yet.

Puyuma

o

Pupu,
I am absolutely in awe at your sucess! All of them are beautiful, some of them are just exquisite!! I hope you will have many more to show us in the future..such great work!!

Donna

o

LOVELY,
PUPU, what is your normal time from sowing to bloom?
Arif

o

Donna, I am so happy you love them.

Arif, In my poor opinion.
Usually, it might be about 2-3 years but 16-18 months for the shortest possible time.

o

Big One (Orange/White)

o

Your creations rival anything that is out there in the market place..love the last two too!!Thank you for sharing them...

Donna

o

Outstanding results, simply stunning, congratulations!!

o

Wow - this is an incredible collection of hybrids - congratulations on your careful work and patience. I hope you will continue to let us share the varieties that emerge in the future

Geoff

o

Thank you guys:)
Sometimes I can get a unexpected but good results.

Lima x Double Record

o

WOWOWOW

All of them are GORGEOUS!!!

I see you have them all in the ground?

Do you think that is better than making them pot bound, speaking in terms of scape emergence?

KB2

o

Hi, KB2
Thank you for your compliments. I used to sow the seeds to young plants in a pot. When they are big enough I'll separated them in the ground happy themselves to blossom.
I don't have to worry the chilling injury in winter and most Hippeastrum can easy to grow without too much care,
but I'll choose H. papilio, Chico, Rosario etc. to plant in a pot to pass the hot, wet and humid season.

Puyuma~

o

someone with blossfeldiae

o

Beautiful blossfeldiae hybrid, I definitely see it in the parentage!

o

Thanks, Josh
These two are Lima(seed parents), also obviously.

o

Double~

o

the last double is amasing i want one lol happy growing danny

o

Thanks, Danny

o

amazing crossings You did! Thanks for sharing!

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 30, 12 at 8:35

Thank you for showing your Creations! I still wonder, what you crossbred in order to achieve SG108. Do you have any siblings of this specimen, which are yet to bloom??

o

Dear haweha,
There is one sibling SG102. You can compare it with SG108.
The seed parent is Green Dragon, not H.papilio:)

o

Dear Puyuma

Who is the pollen parent of SG133 ? This hybrid is absolutely a beauty!

Henry

o

Henry,
It's White Peacock.

And another hybrid from la paz x picotee

o

clear color

o

Love, Love, Love!! 195!!!

o

i look at these and see time and energy, and all i can say is WOW they all look so amazing.

o

Dear Donna, la paz is better than lima, maybe you can try to make the same cross like that.

Devonfawn, thank you~
Although my friend look me as a underdog, I am firmly under the belief that As you sow, so shall you reap.
It takes time to wait:)

#Emerald Star x self

o

Thank you for sharing your beautiful crosses. Your work and patience are appreciated.

o

Hi, mnwsgal
Everyone can make it, just take time:)

o

SG147 looks great but is that the handy work of a grasshopper or a catipillar i see on the flower petals. my little buggers have only touched the leaves, i wish i could find some praying mantises to help out.

o

Dear PuPu,

Every time I see a new message on this thread and I scroll down to the bottom I am always in awe (again and again) of all the gorgeous hybrids you have created..Bravo to you!! Many of them are better than most that is out there commercially..

I wish that I had a La Paz as I haven't had much luck at all using Lima (which I do love) but, I did get a few seeds here and there, but without any papilio pollen this season to work with, most of my crosses have had to be with the big Dutch hybrids. But, I do have at least 3 crosses using papilio from the past two years..and, some of them are getting big enough to bloom..one can only hope :-)

Donna

o

Why do I view your creations repeatedly? It is a pleasure to see them again and again. SG108 is one of its kind.Congratulations, Arif.

o

Hi Devonfawn,
Recently, I got into a big trouble with "cotton worms". They can eat everything:(

Hi Donna, Thank you for your praise again. I still have some new young plants this year, let's make effort together!

Hi brigarif, Haha thank you so much in love with SG108.

o

Dear Puyuma~
Your hybrids is absolutely beautiful,I can't help to see your post again and again,I very want to communicate with your hybrid experiences.
Please Allow other users to send you email via forms at this forum,you must enable this feature on your Preferences page by checking off 'Allow other users to send you email'.

o

Dear TigerFox,
Okay, I see. Thank you for your help.

o

Dear Puyuma
You are wellcome.
Your hippeastrum and hybrids's flower are very gorgeous,I like it very much.
Many thanks for you show us such charming flowers.
Cheers and happy gardening!
Tiger

o

Dear Puyuma

Who is the pollen parent of SG108��SG147&SG157 ? These hybrids crosses are absolutely gorgeous!

Best regards for you,
Tiger Liu from China

o

Enjoyed scrolling again through your photos of the beautiful hybrids you have created. I agree with Donna that they are lovelier than many of those that are available commercially.

o

Ya know my birthday is coming up in October I would just like to through it out there that I would like
1-SG108
1-SG129
1-SG158
(Note: you don't have to send the actual bulbs as off shoots will suffice) :)
I would also accept any others that you could send me.
Admiring your pictures once again with envy and yours truly,
Devon

Thanks again for showing what we can achieve with a little time and patience.

o

Dear Puyuma
I've known 108's seed-parent is Green Dragon you have told us in another post.
I'd like to know Who is the parents of SG147&SG157 ?
Your gorgeous beautiful hybrids creations flower are masterpieces!!
Best regards for you
Tiger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here