Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. evansiae

Posted by jimnpa 6a PA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 10:27

I've been enjoying this lovely little gem of a species for the past few days. It is about as "yellow", as a flower can get! I almost missed it bloomimg in my basement "jungle"!
Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. evansiae

Nice!! mine had a slighly more pronounced pink star in the middle! More photos from the jungle please!!
Kristi

o

Lovely little yellow flower.. your basement jungle looks as neat as always, got anything else blooming?

Donna

o

Kristi,

The pink is more prominent with cooler weather and brighter lighting! Sometimes mine appear to be almost completely pink, just depends on the conditions when it blooms!

o
RE: H. evansiae!

Oh and BTW, there is an almost pure yellow specie that has been been recollected that was thought to be extinct... I cant say much about it other than it is absolutely yellow, much more so than H. evansiae!

Shortly there will be a book published by a botanist in Bolivia that is re-evaluating the genera. I wish I could show you guys the pictures, it's incredible! Hopefully if all goes according to plan the book will be published at the end of the year and the pictures will be released!

Josh

o

It's lovely, Jim. I especially like how, in your photos, it looks like it's glowing.

My current growing situation is too cold for this one, I believe, but, when I move (this spring), it goes to the top of the want list.

Amanda

o

Who has interest in yellow flowers?

o

Good job Jim. I've noticed my H.e. showing scapes. Kristi, It's a recent purchase from Joshua's.
Josh, like many folks I'm interested in yellow Hippeastrum. I've made several crosses between tangarine orange and 'Yellow Pioneer', and orange and 'Lemon Lime'. None came out darker yellow. All sorts on mongrel mixed paterns. One of the few plants I'm saving room for is the Yellow Crinum from OZ. Any word on availability at a reasonable price?

o

Hi Jim, I just saw your photos, do you have any seeds to this beautiful yellow hippeastrum? I am very desperate to get seeds to a yellow like this can you help? Do you know anyone else who may have seeds? Please contact me at couturecol@adam.com.au

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here