Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Maqures website

It would appear that Maguires has updated their website. Take a look and see what you think??

Donna

Comments (16)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's me again, I posted the first message before I went through the whole Maguire's site and it appears that they have added some new ones, but where did Party Pooper go?? They have a similar but lighter colored looking one called Party Animal.........could they be changing names? Also, I really don't recall which category Brendon's Flower was in, but did they bump it up a notch in price!! Also, why do they still not list Krakatoa, and Rebel!! Question, questions, questions!! Who has the answers!!

Donna

• bluebonsai101
    14 years ago

Donna, why not ask the people that sell the plants? Lots of places rotate stock depending on production so not a real surprise I suppose. Ask Maguires :o) Dan

• primeribs
    14 years ago

Thanks Donna! I haven't been there for a while. I found some nice new ones in the doubles that I wouldn't mind getting : )

• ryan820
    14 years ago

Donna-- Brendan's Flower was a 17 dollar variety last season, as it is now. It is well worth the money-- quite a show-stopper.

Primeribs-- how's it going!? Are you ordering with us this year?

Denver Ryan

• dancacti
    14 years ago

I received the Maguires catalogue a week or so ago and have been meaning to scan it in. I'll do it and post it up when I find some spare time.

Dan

• bluebonsai101
    14 years ago

Dan, Please make sure you are not violating copyright before you do that......I'm sure everything in that catalogue is copyright protected and if you post it on-line you may be infringing on that. Given that you are also from OZ it makes it easier for them to go after you if they so desire. Not trying to be a pain, but just giving you a heads up :o) Dan

• primeribs
    14 years ago

Ryan!! Things are going great up here! Spring break is in full swing, lots a people up skiing!! I would love to order from Maguires again. I've already started a list since last night : ) So how's things going for you? And how's the little one doing?

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

So excited to see the new listing! Definitely some I need!

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone, In Veronica Read's book she mentions a Maquire's variety call Tangellino and she really loved it! I was only able to find one picture of this on the Internet and I was wondering if this could be the same as Forest Fire that Lizalily posted? Maybe it is out of production, does anyone have Tangellino? Lizalily, does your Forest Fire have those silvery marki{{gwi:391118}}From FLAMING PEACOCK
    ngs on the back of the petals as Tangellino does? The back of this flower is really beautiful!! Thanks, Donna

• ryan820
    14 years ago

Donna--

It seems Maguire's changes their inventory quite a bit-- and not necessarily in a bad way. The way I understand it, since they aren't a very large farm, they end up rotating what they have to offer and if something doesn't sell well, it doesn't come back around, as it were. I personally have never heard of this hybrid but I'm also not terribly knowledgeable about these either.

Primeribs! The little one is great-- growing like a weed and she's got me totally smitten with her. Its a tough schedule we hold but I watch her during the morning and early afternoon and then head to work for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so we can go outside and play. We put an offer on a house and today is the inspection. Its in Parker up on top of a hill...so wave some time...I might be able to see you! :o)

Ryan

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

Donna, that is a beautiful flower but it does not look like Forestfire. Mine was much more translucent, and A red orange overlaid with deep red flames in the middle. These became more apparent as the flower aged.

Ryan, I am so happy to hear you are getting a house! WHat fun you will have teaching Anna about gardening!

• primeribs
    14 years ago

Ryan, A house in Parker! Very Cool!! I'm sure it will be nice to have a yard again!!!

• mymanga
    14 years ago

Wow. They have a lot of new doubles on the witesite.
    I like
    SPOTTY DOTTY
    so pretty
    Michele

• clancy1985
    14 years ago

Hi all, I was also sent a catalogue when I bought Maguire's book called Maguire's Hippeastrum Farm in Full Colour 2009 edition. The book says that it lists several varieties that were available to the public at the time of consolidating (2008) and unfortunately it seems that most are available only from the farm.

Anyway... it lists three 'parties': Party Animal, Party Pooper and Party Time. They're all bred from Papilio, and from the description Party Animal is the palest, and Party Time the heaviest red in colour.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Clancy, Would you have a picture from the cataloque that you could post? Maybe you could take a macro and send it cause I'm sure we would all like to see Party Time, I know I would, even it it is only available from the farm! Thanks!
    Donna

• dangles
    11 years ago

donna i just got off the phone to mick maguire he said he is out of the rebel and i dont think he has crakatoa any more if a bulb is popular he usually sells out of it in aseason or two sorry to give u this news happy growing dannyif u need to know about any others let me know and i can find out for u

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz