Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

I'm in love again! I guess I'm just fickle! From Santos to Party Pooper!
I have an absolutely huge softball sized bulb of Party Pooper and this is all that it gave me, two flowers. This summer and this fall there were 12 leaves so I was sure that this would at least perform as well as Party Animal which give me 10 blooms on two bulbs. The flowers are very similar to Party Animal just with more pigment. I should assume they must be sister seedlings but I don't know that for sure. Since I only have the 2 flowers to work with my pollination options are limited and I have never been successful in the past the 2 previous times this has bloomed and the same results with Party Animal. I have two of these bulbs from different sources (of course all originally from Maguires) and the other is very healthy but is only 1/3 the size of this one.

{{gwi:391249}}

{{gwi:391251}}

{{gwi:391253}}

{{gwi:391255}}

I consider myself very lucky to have two healthy bulbs of this variety. The larger one is producing a small offset maybe in the future I would get brave and try chipping so I could share this bulb with some of you. No promises though...

Thanks for looking...Donna

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services
More Discussions