Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

greetings from the boot

Noni Morrison
13 years ago

Yes, I sort of feel like the walking boot cast defines who I am at the moment. One more winter spent sitting around waiting for something to heal, this time the right ankle that I sprained so badly. I have been distracting myself from all the gardening I wish I were doing by submerging myself deep in genealogy with the new program my kids gave me for my birthday. I think I have picked up just about all the ancestors I can off the internet now but its been an amazing side trip!

Every day I hobble out to the greenhouse to see who else is blooming. We just went through another crazy "La Nina" day yesterday withcold and wild winds and a 3 hour power outage. We are having a very late spring here...actually feels like winter but the crocus and primroses are out between freezes, poor babies.

I could be selling my amaryllis blooms at my flower stand but with this protracted winter this year there is nothing else yet to put with them. I think March first is the latest we have ever opened and it will be another week or two. Maybe by then I can drive again.

I picked nice seed pods of Naranja/Grand Cru yesterday. That should make some brilliant Beauties! Color--yes, I want a big doses of color therapy please! My favorite bloom right now is a repeat from several years ago Exotica, that due to temperature and weather conditions is equally green and orange, pale. It only has two flowers on it but hey, it has survived and re-bloomed and I can work with it to get it back to good health! I was afraid I had lost all of this beloved one. I think I will try crossing it with Desire, who is in bloom right now..will it give me a beauty like Xuan's? Time (A lot of it!) will tell!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner