Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few blooms......

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 18, 11 at 16:20

Hi, Just a few flowers blooming to share with you...

Gervase..last year she was all pink..this year she has many faces..I actually think she was prettier last year...

Rock 'N Roll..not my favorite, but there was a little fragrance..

Popov

and the ever beautiful Temptation...excuse me if I've already posted this one..I can't remember..

and lastly Santa Cruz..I have one growing pod x papilio..will see...

Thanks for looking,

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few blooms......

Absolutely beautiful. Where do you buy the bulbs ?

o

Hi cedler,

Thank you! I buy my bulbs anywhere and everywhere..nursuries, Ebay, online nurseries..big box stores you name it!!

Donna

o

Donna, I think your Gervase is gorgeous this year. I love the first stripey one. They all look great. How interesting that Santa Cruz has some pap cross seeds growing. Good luck with those!

Alana

o

LAST YEAR IT WAS PINK THIS YEAR IT HAS MANY FACES: well said that is what I like about the plant.
If it was growing in a bed along with other,without a marker;could you have recognised it?

o

Hi, Donna.
What color is Rock 'n Roll? Made a note that she has a little fragrance :) Thanks!
Michelle

o

Donna,

I think all your blooms are beautiful even you Gervase ;) I love your Santa Cruz it is one of my favorites, good luck on your papilio cross.

AJ

o

Arif, Most definitely I would have recognized it since only one flower was mostly red, the others.. although different.. have that look with the small red stripes that so far I've only seen in Gervase..and by the I forgot to mention that there is a fragrance to him/her..you have to stick your nose in the flower, but it's there.

Alana and AJ.. I am hoping for a couple of seeds, but it's way too early only about 3 weeks.. the seedpod is so tiny, but I guess that's expected on such a small flower.. the pod is still dark green, looks like a pea.. still hard and the pedicle hasn't started to wither, that's usually the first sign for me...

Michelle, Rock 'n Roll is a large bright red and white double..very loud..but stick your nose in the flower fragrant..I forgot to mention, that Gervase is stick your nose in the flower fragrant also..I'd recommend a Gervase between the two flowers...I wouldn't be without one...

Donna

o

Donna,

Absolutely beautiful blooms!!!!!!! I love the pictures you take :)

I love 'Santa Cruz' and I wasn't able to find it this year.... Does anyone know where I can find one?

Josh

o

Thanks, Josh, I bought mine from Ebay last year, but now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing it for sale this year....

o

Absolutely amazing!! I am going to have to find a Gervase, it is beautiful!
Sandra :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here