Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My red lion (I think)

Posted by tigerdawn 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 19:10

Here is my 4 year old amaryllis. She has made 2 babies which are also about to bloom! I know it is a common type but I love the blooms anyway!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My red lion (I think)

Hi Tigerdawn,welcome to amaryllis forum. Very pretty flowers!

Jan

o

Looks like a lovely plant - so healthy!

Alana

o

Nice looking Hipp. ya got there!

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 19, 10 at 8:17

This is actually "Orange Sovereign" (btw, the royal attribution is written without "u")

With grass-green, deeply keeled, broad leaves. As can be perceived very well the color tends towards "orange"

Thank you for showing!

o

The blooms are redder in real life than in the photo. You know what I should do? I should just go buy a Red Lion and an Orange sovereign and compare them! And a double white one and a papillo and an apple blossom and....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here