Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Busy playing 'bee'

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 19:57

I made the following crosses tonight....let's see what takes!

Exotica x Alfresco, Exotica x Papilio, Lemon-Lime x Alfresco, Lemon-Lime x Papilio, Limona x Alfresco, Limona x Exotica, Exotica x Sweet Nymph....buzz buzz buzz! I have started storing pollen in gel caps. With a fine-tip permanent marker I can write the ID and date. Then, to pollinate I just dip the stigma in the capsule and viola!! BUZZ BUZZ!

Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Busy playing 'bee'

They all sound great..best of luck!

o

How many seeds from each pod you plan to sow?
How about putting 5 seeds from each pod in an envelope and posting it on following address. I do not mind if they get mixed up.
Brigadier M Arif Khan; 3/A-G-Gulberg II, Lahore, Pakistan

o

My dear friend Arif, I will gladly send you a carefully packed envelope of any seeds that comes of this! I will contact you off list of some other items you may be interested in.
:-)
Kristi

o

Arif,
Although the pod formations were disappointing last year, I have the opportunity to make many of these same crosses this year, and so far I have many fat seed pods. Are you still interested??
Kristi

o

Best of luck!
Kristi, is 'Alfresco' how good of a pollen parent? do you have an opinion already of it's capabilities of passing it's genes forward?

o

I haven't had any blooms yet of Alfresco offspring as I just made those crosses last year. I hope that it passes along some of the scent and "fluffiness"!
I'll let you know as soon as I know something. Probably next spring.
Kristi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here