Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

Photos of new blooms (pic heavy)

haxuan
12 years ago

Please share with me these blooms, which have been grown from seeds received from Ann.

Exotica x Dancing queen

{{gwi:398085}}

{{gwi:25449}}

Some hybrids of unknown parents.

{{gwi:398086}}

{{gwi:25450}}

{{gwi:398087}}

{{gwi:398088}}

Thanks for viewing.

Xuan

Comments (22)

• haweha
    12 years ago

The Exotica-DQ cross is fabulous. If it produces "4-corners" from a mature bulb then it is a winner.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sir Hans, this is the second time Exotica-DQ blooms. But it still produces only 2 blooms on the stalk.

Perhaps next year it will give me 4 blooms, I hope.

Thanks for your interest in my flowers.

Xuan

• ajsblu_eyes
    12 years ago

Xuan,

I absolutely love your Exotica x Dancing Queen pictures! I notice you have more scapes in your last picture are they more crosses?

AJ

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Xuan,

Your Exotica X Dancing Queen is absolutely gorgeous..are those other plants in the same pot bulblets of this beauty..if so then you will soon have a pot full of lovely blooms, Your last flower is sweet also..but the first one wins the prize..A Double Exotica!!

Keep us posted with the rest of your blooms..it give us all hope..

Donna

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

AJ: I planted three bulbs in the same pot in the last picture.I hope to have different colors from the other two.

Yes, Donna. The plants in the pot are bulblets of this Double Exotica. I hope that next season I will have more blooms from the group.

Xuan

• e36yellowm3
    12 years ago

Oh Xuan, your Double Exotica is beautiful. Nice work! It's interesting how all the veining of Exotica and the coloring came through, in addition to the double of Dancing Queen. That's the second cross we've seen here on the forum with Dancing Queen that produced a double. Looks like DQ is a good pollination partner.

Alana

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    12 years ago

They are all beautiful!! Very nice of Ann to give you seeds of such beauty (of course, when they are seeds, you don't know what they'll produce)!

I think (guess) that the second bloom might be a Limona cross.

They love your climate and good care!
    :-)
    Kristi

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    12 years ago

Xuan, in your last photo, there is the edge of a pink flower/bloom. Do you have any photos of it? What is it? I bet it is beautiful.

Carol

• jackie_o
    12 years ago

Oh just gorgeous! I love the Exotica-Dancing Queen! Seems like DQ pollen really produces a lot of doubles. Most of mine from the DQ-Minerva cross are doubles.
    They're all beautiful. I really like the last one too. Love the coloring on it!

• ryan820
    12 years ago

I'm very happy to see your Exotica x DQ plant produce such a superb flower!!!!! I have made the exact same cross and hope I'm lucky enough to have the seeds yield a result like this-- beautiful!

Ryan

• rene09
    12 years ago

Beautiful blooms. the second one looks like it might have Lady Jane in its parenrage!!

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Beautiful Xuan :)

You're such a talented grower!

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kristi: thanks for the hint in parentage of the bloom in 2nd photo.

Carol: I checked the list of crosses made by Ann and think maybe the last one has something to do with Charisma. That's the best I can tell about it.

Ryan: I hope your plant will give off beautiful blooms when it does.

Josh: many thanks.

Xuan

• phyllis8483
    12 years ago

Good pictures and beautiful armyllis's. How long did it take to grow from seed? I heard it takes several years.

• brigarif Khan
    12 years ago

Congratulations. IT IS A FANTASTIC OUTCOME.

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Phyllis: I sowed the seeds in June 2007, the first seedling bloomed 2010. I guess it takes around 2.5 years from seed to bloom.

Mr Arif: thank you.

Xuan

12 years ago

Xuan, do you have a photo of it? I would love to see the whole bloom!

Carol

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Carol, sorry, I missed your last comment. Here're photos of the pink bloom - Candy floss - that you saw the edge in my last photo above.

{{gwi:398089}}

{{gwi:398090}}

Xuan

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    12 years ago

Xuan,

Just love your Candy Floss, one of my favorite..I do love pinks and peaches!!

Donna

12 years ago

Ahhhhhh - now THERE is PERFECTION! I love it, love it, love it!!!! Thank you for making my day! It seems to me that not too many people post photos of their true pinks. Your Candy Floss is absolutely lovely.

Thanks for taking the time to post the photo and take extra good care of that bulb. Give it a hug from me!

Carol

• haxuan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You are very welcome, Carol. It's my pleasure to be able to share my photos with you guys.

Xuan

• primeribs
    12 years ago

Xuan, Your Exotica x Dancing queen is awesome!!!