Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_17497

watching it all burn

HU-17497
11 years ago

I wont have any more pictures this year, maybe I should start by telling you my house caught fire yesterday and is a totally loss. We're all OK, the kids were in school and my wife and I were out running errands when the fire started. When everything was said and done my little boy came up to me and was crying I told him everything was going to be okay, but he said "dad they (the firemen) killed all of my flowers, they walked all over them". After a nice long talk and a few tears from dad and quite a bit of convincing I think he believes that they will come back.

Comments (12)

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Dear Devon,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Sending Peace, Courage, Prayers, and Blessings to you and your family.
    May your flowers rise like a phoenix from the ashes!
    With sincere sympathy,
    Blanca

• dangles
    11 years ago

devon what a tradgety for u and your family pleased that u are all ok im sure your bulbs will return and give u a lot more pleasure so hang in there mate it will get better regards and best wishes danny

• jstropic (10a)
    11 years ago

Oh Devon,

I am so sorry. Thankfully, you are all ok. Please keep checking in to let us know how things are going. Assure your son that one way or another his plants will come back.
    -J

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Dear Devon,

What a terrible tragedy! But, how wonderful that your family is OK!! I hope you are able to rebuild your home soon and that your bulbs will bloom again for you.

You are part of our "special family" here on the forum and my thoughts are with you..and, I hope you didn't loose any pets in the fire.

Take care and we hope to hear from you soon with some "better" news...

Warm Regards,

Donna

• npublici
    11 years ago

I will remember you in my prayers.
    I hope you don't have to fight your insurance company.
    Del

• lbphilly
    11 years ago

Oh, dear. Good thoughts your way!

• rebecca47
    11 years ago

Blessings for a speedy re-birth of your house and home-life and that all of the hippie bulbs return as well. Will you re-build or move and will you be able to rescue your plants? What a blessing the children were in school and came to no harm and luckily you were both also out at the time. Be well and rejoice in that this gives you a time for re-birth and renewed family bonding.

Peace and loads of healing LOVE!

Rebecca

• HU-17497
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your home, but I'm happy to hear that your family is all safe! I hope the re-build brings some unexpected, pleasant surprises... and maybe some upgrades from the previous home! -Tina

• haxuan
    11 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss of a dear home. May God bless!

Xuan

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

Ironically, I have a house fire to thank for the fact that I'm alive! My father's family's home burned down when he was 14. The family ended up moving from Idaho to California... where he later met and married my mother. They've been happily married for more than 50 years. You just never know when disaster brings with it a silver lining...

I hope you and your family have a lot of support and help to get through all that is happening right now. I also hope your insurance company is being helpful!

• bunnynomnom
    11 years ago

I am sorry for your loss. I hope everything will be okay soon and the transition will be smooth for your family. Best wishes.

My

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions