Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dangles_gw

a new cross

dangles
10 years ago

this flower I have called picotte wings I think it quite stunning pod parent is indecisive from maguires x rebel

Comments (6)

• blancawing
    10 years ago

Hi Danny,

You have such an abundance of beauties. Picotee Wings looks to be a prolific bloomer. Do you happen to be located close to Mick and Nellie in Woombye, or do you live in another part of Australia?

Best,

Blanca

• dangles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hi blanca yes it a a great bloomer it gives a very good show I live in Brisbane which is about 1 and a half hours from mick and Nellie they are lovely people and they run a very good business I did not get up to see then in October as I was in hospital having my right big to amutated due to being a diabetic I will go up this year as mick is holding some new crosses for me hope u are keeping well happy growing regards danny

• blancawing
    10 years ago

Dear Danny,

I am sorry about the loss of your toe. That must have made walking difficult and be very painful too. I hope that you healed quickly, and that you will have no further problems in the future.

You are so fortunate to live within driving distance of Mick and Nellie. Would you please do a huge favor for me by delivering big hugs to both of them when you see them next? They know me by my full name "Blanche" instead of my nickname "Blanca."

My friend Aaron delivered hugs to them, on my behalf, when he visited their Hippie Farm a few years ago. One day, I am going to visit them myself, but I must find enough time to include scuba diving (another of my passions) in the trip.

Nellie and I exchanged much correspondence in the planning stages of the first group order and also in subsequent years. They are wonderful and kind people! Yesterday, I started making the "Want List" for my 2014 Maguires Order. I will be sending Nellie my Import Permit later this week, so that I don't overload their computer system with a scanned version. Like me, they are limited to a slow connection to the Internet.

It is a pleasure to have you join our virtual cyber family! Take good care of yourself.

Cheers from California where Maguires Hippies thrive,

Blanca

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Danny,

I love your Picotee Wings! I have good luck getting viable seeds from my Rebel but they take forever to grow!!

I have just harvested another pod a few days ago and was going to give them away but after seeing your beautiful flower above, once again I am soaking half of them.

I have seedlings from the past 2 years now and I believe it will be 4 or 5 years before I see a flower. But of course my Rebel is a smaller bulb. What size is yours?

All my seeds were just selfed...

Hope your toe is well healed...

Donna

• jstropic (10a)
    10 years ago

Danny,
    Your crosses are just beautiful and amazing. It must be wonderful each time a flower opens and you see its beauty for the first time!
    I have avoided trying my hand at creating new cultivars in the past as I felt I had enough bulbs to take care of ..but after seeing so much beauty - I am thinking maybe...LOL
    -J

• sun_worshiper
    10 years ago

Ooh, that one really glows - beautiful!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner