Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Splash, Apple Blossom and a few other late bloomers.

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 9:27

Hi,

I've got several bulbs that I've had for several years that are all blooming currently.

Splash which is just a bulblet from my mother bulbs that died a few years ago, just 2 flowers and Splash is fragrant too!

And then a bulb that I purchased as Royal Velvet but I have my doubts. It is a small flowered extremely dark red (much darker than the picture) with a dusky scape and the tips of the leaves are dark also. The flower is cupped and remains cupped.

My mother bulb of Aphrodite succumbed to the NBF about 4 years ago and it took all this time for the three bulblets it produced to finally bloom. A shorter stem and not the usual long pedicels for which I was grateful.

Supposedly LaForrest Morton but again I'm not sure.

And Samba which reblooms faithfully for me each year.

And last but not least my second bulb of Apple Blossom which I think is a different strain from my other which bloomed about 4 months ago and 2 years ago gave me a viable seedpod. This one was very fragrant of course.

I have several more older varieties that are opening now too.

Thanks for looking,

Donna

This post was edited by dondeldux on Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 10:43

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Splash, Apple Blossom and a few other late bloomers.

Very nice Donna,
It seems as though spring arrived later for you this year. How nice that your bloom season is stretched out!!
ENJOY!!!
K

o
RE: Splash, Apple Blossom and a few other late bloomers.

All very beautiful Donna. My aphrodite is blooming now also. I haven't heard from my apple blossom this year. I think it's on vacation or something.

Louana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here