Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aseedisapromise

Separated the offsets

aseedisapromise
12 years ago

I've had this Appleblossom for several years, and decided to try separating the offsets from the mother bulb. Somehow it seemed to me that the collection of papery husks that were too hard to remove where the bulbs touch might get water in there and cause rot to start or something. The offsets were mostly blooming size, or close to it. So with trepidation I removed all the soil around the roots and repotted all the offsets and the mother bulb together in a big pot. So far things seem to be okay, except I think I am going to lose a small offset that was kind of in the middle between two, it hasn't shown any new growth so I suppose it was too small to be separated. I had to be sort of not nice in the process, as when I first got the bulb I was still using peat-based soils, and there was an old nasty brick of it in the shape of the original pot I planted it in that I had to sort of chip away at to remove it. Anyway, one of the offsets has a bud for the first time, another is blooming for the second time, and the mother bulb has two scapes.

{{gwi:401394}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions