Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunnynomnom

Easy to grow bulbs is having a 50% off sale!!!

bunnynomnom
11 years ago

I'm so excited when I see this sale in my inbox today. Everything amaryllis is half off at their site. I ordered a bunch of the ones I've been eyeing. Big, big grin :D

Here is a link that might be useful: ETGB sale

Comments (10)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Tell us what you ordered? ;-)

• bunnynomnom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

I'm a bit embarrassed of my splurge today but I ordered quite a few on their website. So there'll be Chico, Lima, Sophisticate, Cherry Crush, Ruby Star, Siren, Blossom, Blossom Peacock, Estella, Beauty Bell and Misty. Can't wait for them to come, although being in CA, I had to pay taxes. Are you getting any bulb or you have them all already? :)
    My

11 years ago

My,

Good choices! I'm done for this year, and I have all of the varieties that you got except for Estella. I buy a few bulbs from ETGBs each year and have always been pleased with their service.

Hope you're happy with your bulbs. Don't be too disappointed if you have trouble getting Chico to bloom though, he is notoriously hard to get started..the one I bought about 4 months ago that bloomed has still not put out any roots, no rot, just pure stubbornness!

Donna

• jstropic (10a)
    11 years ago

My,

Congratulations on your purchases! I agree with Donna, excellent choices! Wait until these bloom for you - they are so much prettier than their pictures.

Please post pictures when they bloom.
    -J

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

Hmmm... I had challenged myself to a full month of not using my credit card. I'm nearly 3 weeks into the challenge and NOW ETGB puts their bulbs on sale! Sheesh. I'm sad to see Chico is sold out... though I bought 3 last year, so it's probably a good thing they're sold out. I wish there were some cybisters that I didn't already have. Great prices though. My purchase from ETGB was top notch last year. Ruby Star is a gorgeous bloom... I highly recommend to anyone who doesn't already own it. -Tina

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

I gave into CHAD and made a purchase. I was able to use PayPal to pay from my bank account, so I've kept to my "no credit card use for a month" challenge! I purchased Lima and Emerald, both of which I already own, but I love cybisters. White Christmas, because everyone needs a good white amaryllis for doing crosses. Siren, Snow Drift, Sophisticate, Misty and 3 Cherry Crush (just under $5 each) to round out the group! I missed out on Blossom Peacock. It was available last night when I loaded up my virtual cart, but I didn't complete my order... by this morning it was sold out. I needed to order over $50 so I could get my free "adventure pack"! -Tina

11 years ago

Good for you!! I see both you and My got a Sophisticate. I got one last year but it never bloomed and still hasn't this year either so far so, I'm hoping if either of you get flowers on yours I would really love to see exactly what they do look like!

Donna

• bunnynomnom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tina, your CHAD posts put a smile on my face.Thank you Donna for the forewarning about Chico. I hope the CA climate might be easier on the bulb? Are cybisters generally harder to grow and bloom than hybrids, or just Chico?

11 years ago

Personally, I've really only found Chico to be the most stubborn. How about the rest of you? But, I'm sure as you say, your warm temperate climate will be just what Chico needs!

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

I bought 3 Chico bulbs last year from ETGB when they were having a New Year's sale for Jan 1, 2012. I potted them up and they grew fine, but I never got any flowers. The bulbs stayed nice and big, so I'm hoping this year they will reward me. I kept them planted in the same container and they wintered outside, so they should have good roots and be ready to grow. So far, there are no signs that they are coming out of their winter slumber. Hopefully we'll both have blooms this spring!

My, thanks for posting about the sale. The prices are great, even with shipping and tax! -Tina

Sponsored
More Discussions