Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Has anybody done Benfica X papilio??

The reason I ask is I pollenated 3 pods on Benfica..one selfed and the other two x papilio. All of them grew easily..the pods all looked the same and all had a good amount of seeds. I haven't done anything with the Benfica selfed and I don't intend to use them. The other two pods..I got about an equal amount of seeds to the selfed pod and they are soaking now and I think way too many of them are germinating. Do you think I may have not been careful enough when pollinating these with papilio and they are in fact just selfed? If so, then in about 3 years I'm going to have an awful lot of these seedling. I'd say about 40 of them have germinated from the two pods, way too many I'm afraid..it was just too easy.

I'm just curious if anyone else has put papilio on a good red and ended up with a slew of seeds. I would have expected a few good seeds with many bad ones..not so..also, there is no visible difference in the look or shape of the selfed seed pod or the seeds and the supposedly papilio seeds...thanks,

Donna

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions